Chapter 5: Into the Jungle

With a squeal, Marinette pointed out the tortoise to Kim. "Look! I found it before you!"

As Kim groaned, Damian hugged her from behind and kissed her head. Chloe smirked and snapped a picture, soon on the receiving end of Damian's glare. He started to grab after her phone, though Chloe just danced out of the way, snickering. 

Marinette stifled a laugh. She knew for a fact Damian could grab it whenever he wanted, with his superhero reflexes and all. It was sweet that he let Chloe have her way. 

Just then, Kim grabbed her arm and gestured to the left of the tortoise. "I found another one! And I found it first!" He did a victory dance and Marinette laughed. 

She looked around for a moment. Where had Alix and Jon gone?

~

Jon stood awkwardly as Alix darted around the store. Why was he here again? She held up a shirt to his chest and checked the size of a matching one in her other hand. Alix shook her head before darting back to where she found the shirt. 

What the heck is she doing? Jon continued to watch her in confusion. 

"Ugh, Kim would not look good in this shirt," she muttered, shaking her head in disgust as she pushed aside another shirt. 

Jon tapped her on the shoulder. "Alix? What, um, what are we doing? Why aren't we waiting outside with everyone else?"

"We have shopping time so I'm shopping."

"But why am I here?" he asked. 

"Uhhh." Alix thought quickly before improvising. "I'm looking for matching shirts for these two guy friends I have that should totally get together. And you're gay, so I hoped you could help choose the right shirts to convince them?"

Before Jon had a chance to respond, someone else cut in. 

"Alix, I can't believe you! Resorting to stereotyping sexuality? Not all gay guys are good at shopping and fashion, you know." Lila stood with one arm hooked through Adrien's, and the other holding his arm. Alya stood next to her, arms crossed and a glare directed at Alix.

"Lila's right girl, that's stereotyping."

Jon rolled his eyes with a scoff. "It's not stereotyping if she wants help picking shirts. Honestly though. Yeah, she's asking for help convincing two guys to get together and asked me because I'm gay, but she literally wants help."

Lila spoke up again. "But she just assumed that you were good at fashion."

"When did I say that?" Alix demanded. "I never said anything like that."

"And I am totally good at fashion. I mean, I can tell your outfit is trash. Like complete trash."

Lila gaped at him. This was the second time friends she didn't know Marinette had shut her down after only talking to her once. 

Alya stepped forward, her anger showing on her face as Adrien held back a sigh. She didn't know when to drop something. 

"Lila was just trying to stand up for you!" 

Jon stepped toward her in return, his words sarcastic. "It's okay, I'm a big boy. I can stand up for myself, and I don't need someone standing up for me when I don't need it. Especially a fake liar like her."

With a huff, Alya grabbed Lila's arm and dragged them away.

Jon calmly turned back to the clothes and grabbed  a sweatshirt. "This one's cute."