Chapter 4: A Day of Magic

The clicking of a phone camera was heard before the monorail doors even closed. Chloe just couldn't help herself. Marinette falling asleep on Damian's shoulder, and him trying not to fall asleep on her was adorable.

"Aww," she cooed. "Alix, Kim, Jon, look at these lovebirds!"

All she got in response was a few grunts. Quickly looking at her morning inclined friends, the camera clicked again. At seven in the morning, Alix sprawled out snoring on the seat, and Kim snuggled up next to Jon was just too perfect a photo opportunity to miss. Jon smiled, adjusting his Stitch headband, and gave her a quick wave before throwing his arm around Kim. More clicks.

"I guess Paris being six hours behind the East Coast is really getting to them." Jon shrugged. "Why aren't you tired?"

Chloe shrugged in return. "I stay up really late. At home, I mean. This isn't that bad. I'm so going to be dead tired later though."

Jon's eyes shot to Damian, who yawned as he drifted in and out of sleep. He snickered, chucking his phone at Chloe as the monorail started moving. "Take a few pictures for me. You have a better angle."

She grinned. "Totally."

A voice crackled over the speakers. "Please stand clear of the doors." It then crackled out some words in Spanish (that I know how to say but not how to write) before the mechanical doors closed and the monorail started up.

Damian jerked up, Marinette stirring next to him. "Are we at the park?"

His friends started to giggle. "Nope! Haven't even actually left the hotel! And you already managed to basically fall asleep."

He grumbled before leaning back. "Get that smirk off of your face, Chloe."

"Come on, Hot Stuff! Lighten up!"

Damian groaned and pulled Marinette closer. "Today is going to be a long day."

~

Marinette and Chloe ran in front with Jon, marveling at everything. They impatiently chattered in French as they waited for everyone else to finish scanning their bands.

Damian walked over with Kim and Alix in tow and the rest of the class trailing behind. "You guys are so loud. Come on, let's head inside."

The three cheered, and started pulling their friends after them as they ran. They never stopped talking, and took lots of pictures before finally calming down enough for Ms Bustier to herd them all to their first stop.

"We're going to Adventure-land first! Then we're just going to work our way through the park. Everyone have their hats on?"

Everyone nodded, and she pointed ahead. "This way! To the Jungle Cruise!"

~

Marinette gasped and grabbed the side of the boat as she saw the fake skeleton with a sword piercing directly through it. Damian looked down at her, worrying over the noise.

"Angel? Is everything alright?"

"Yes! It's just, wow! It looks so real, it's so cool!"

He laughed as she gasped again, pointing out many things as they passed. Soon after, Damian screamed as they went down a quick, unexpected drop. Marinette sent him a teasing look.

"Dami? Is everything alright?"

~

The 'queen' of the class scoffed and criticized the small show as Jon loudly clarified it as his favorite in the section, giving a quick description. She laughed. She laughed at Jon. "Talking birds? This is so dumb."