XI. The Homestay

Five months old

Petty.

What does it mean to be petty? Well, I'll tell you.

petty
/ˈpɛti/
Of little importance; trivial.

OR

Unduly concerned with trivial matters, especially in a small-minded or spiteful way.

Or in my case; I AM the definition of petty.

In fact, it's not just now, I have always been petty. Even in my first life.

But there is a difference between my pettiness then, and the pettiness now.

Being petty then was for a good reason. Mostly it was just petty paranoia. Like for little things; petty paranoia about being stalked, petty paranoia about driving over the speed limit and get myself killed, petty paranoia about one of the nurses forgetting to wash their hands before they touch a injured patient... and so on, and so on.

Small things like that. Its the kind of pettiness that is mostly meant to agitate me, not other people.

But the pettiness now... is just the epitome of pettiness of all that is petty. If that shit even makes sense.

This is the kind of pettiness that I used to find annoying and unnecessary from other people. It's still is annoying and unnecessary. Which is why this is hurts me twice more than it did than when I was being petty in my original life.

But as for my HP, I thing that they are taking it in a very unhealthy way.

Oh, right, you're probably wondering what the fuck is a HP?

I'll tell you one thing for sure, is that it does not stand for Health Points.

Not in this situation, at least.

HP in this situation, is short for Host Parents.

And you must be wondering why would you entitle your new parents as Host Parents?

I mean, biologically they should be my parents, they are my parents. But mentally— for me at least— they are just a couple of strangers who were the cause of my existence in this world. Which is something that I am both... grateful and antagonised for.

So in short: they mean nothing to me.

So me entitling them as my parents not only would it be inappropriate for me, but also unfair on them.

Unfair on them? Wow I haven't thought like that in a long time.

Whilst we are in the subject on the HP... I have a feeling that they are not happy about me.