⁙ twenty one ⁙

Monday comes, and in all honesty I was expecting to feel different from the last time we've talked but I didn't. I didn't want to settle anymore.

I didn't even want to see him to give him the chance to change my mind, but obviously I couldn't ignore him forever. I just rushed into it all too fast cutting the time I truly needed short.

I didn't even know when they were going to release him today because they liked to pretend their system is down every time they do get him locked up.

Waiting gave me a lot of time to think of the right words to say, but as soon as he was in front of me I lost it all. He had his hoodie on his hands in his pockets just staring down at me, it was like he was waiting to get scolded.

"So what now?" He was the first to speak up since I wasn't saying nothing.

"I don't even know what to say to you." I was wondering how far my honesty was going to take me.

"You always throw shit in my face Kai and I know I did fuck shit but it's not fair to bring it up every time you get mad at me like get over it already or tell me to leave you alone."

I nodded my head taking in everything he was saying, "Okay." I paused. "Leave me alone."

"That's what you want?" The change in his voice made me want to change my mind. But I didn't. All I could do was stay quiet because I honestly couldn't bring myself to say it again.

"Kaia?" His voice cracked, I was looking to the ground tears falling down my face. I didn't want him to see them. "I'm tired of hurting you."

And just like that our breakup or whatever you wanted to call it did not make shit hurt any less.