Chapter 1

"Ow!" Tony stared into his reflection in the mirror, today was the day. His tooth had been wiggly and on the verge of coming out for two weeks now, it hurt so bad and Tony was getting very irritable because of it. So today was the day, this tooth was coming out one way or another.

"Maybe it will hurt less if you stop pulling at it." Rudolph suggested sarcastically from the door way, he didn't understand the big deal but then again Vampires are born with two fully grown fangs and grow the rest of their teeth within two weeks and that was it. They were strong enough to rip a poor unsuspecting animal to pieces so there was no need for 'adult' teeth. Tony huffed and glared at him through the mirror.

"It won't hurt at all, if I can get it out."

"Why don't you get your parents to help then? They would know what to do, would they not?" He floated in and stood next to the boy. He grabbed Tony's jaw and opened his mouth, angling it so he could see the tooth in question. He would admit, it didn't look pleasant. Red and throbbing, half of the tooth was out, although strings still attached it to the gum in a way and the rest of the tooth seemed to be cemented into his gum.

"No, they'll take me to the dentist. I hate it there. I can do this myself, plus I have you to help." He grumbled after pulling away and facing the mirror once again.

"Yes. But, given my lack in human dental care knowledge, I don't know how much help I can be in this situation." He pointed out, staring at the side of Tony's face.

"Alright you're a vampire, you're strong. Just pull it out." Tony stated, turning once again to look as Rudolph expectantly, opening his jaw wide. Rudolph stepped closer into Tony's personal bubble, placing one hand on the boys should and the other clasping around the tooth.

"Are you sure Tony? What if I hurt you?"

"It aweady huwts, dust puww it owt!" Tony mumbled around Rudolph's fingers, Rudolph snapped his wrist away and the tooth was out. Along with a lot of boood and a chunk of the boys gum.

Rudolph's eyes were immediately at the blood flow, it's like he was mesmerised. He hasn't tasted human blood ever, it was so alluring. Tony didn't notice, he was a bit preoccupied leaning over the sink trying to stop the bleeding ,which he succeeded in, after a few moments. Once he had raised the blood from his mouth he finally turned to Rudolph but Rudolph wasn't there, only Tony's very last baby tooth sitting on the bathroom counter.

Tony stared at it for a moment before smacking himself in the forehead, hard.

"Blood. The blood. Oh, I'm such an idiot." He grumbled to himself, he moved as fast as he could cleaning up all of the blood. Off of the counter, the sink and around his mouth. Once that was done he had to find Rudolph, so he could apologise for his  incompetence. He was fifteen now, he needed to stop being so self centered.

Rudolph was a hard person to find when he didn't want to be found, Tony knew that from a few boredom induced games of hide and go seek. But he also knew that it was early in the morning, the sun was out so Rudolph wouldn't be able to leave the castle. It was a blessing and a curse. Because although Rudolph can't leave, the rest of his family will all be sleeping.

Tony and Rudolph had very messed up sleep patterns, alternating between sleep in the day and staying up at night and sleeping during the night and staying up during the day. It was the need to be around each other all of the time that had caused it. It's not very uncommon to find the two boy sleep atop or next to one another at random times, passed out from exhaustion.

Tony was a boy on a mission, sneaking through the castle. Luckily his parents were also asleep, it being to early for them to be awake yet.

He tip toed around looking in very place he could think of that Rudolph might go and that was a lot, after hours of looking he gave up, slumping against one of the stone walls with a sigh. If Rudolph didn't want to be found, Tony wasn't going to find him and he needs to accept that. He walked begrudgingly back to their room, he would just have to wait Rudolph out.