Chapter 2

Morgan opened the apartment door with his hand already frozen. He quickly took his wet clothes off and went to get a warm shower.

He removed frozen jam dumplings from the freezer and put them into the water, it says on the package, cook 15 minutes. He lived a lonely life, a loner that some would say, but Morgan loved that lifestyle. While he ate his dinner, he turned on his laptop and pulled out a file with the intention of going to work immediately. On document as soon as he opened the file, it said Jack Rupert, Special Agent. He was Lou's missing partner, and documents say they are working on a network discovery case about a secret government-sponsored experiment. He scrutinized everything Lou's team had collected and finished the dinner. There was so much information on the dark web about various conspiracies from those users wearing aluminum foil wrapped around their heads convinced that the US government was picking on their minds, to some theories that might have been true. But none of this was useful, Morgan was deeply immersed in various stories and combing everything in detail, but when he was about to give up, he came across secret files and documents that fenced off the US government, as well as some other states that were mentioned. The text referred to various unofficial statements by anonymous representatives of some government agencies. What caught his eye is the link between all these stories, the Antartic. The various conspiracies he encountered and the conspiracy stories had a connection, people who get too close disappear or die in strange circumstances, seemingly by accident. That was the best clue he had.

He didn't even notice, time flew by. Midnight was long behind him it was closer to dawn, and he decided to continue tomorrow. Most often, while he slept, he found solutions. Morgan woke up around 11 , and on laptop there was a notification that he's got a new email. He couldn't even guess who the sender might be. The US government is all what was wrote, but immediately noticed that no agencies were listed. When he opened the mail it said nothing, just the first and last name, and the blank space to that, the address of residence,... it was a form to fill out. Morgan's heart was beating faster, his thoughts were racing, and he was just looking at it, in his full name, and in "the United States government."

He wouldn't even know how much time had elapsed when another e-mail tugged at him from his absence. Same sender, but this time just a text message.

"Mr Morgan, we track your movements and everything you visit on the Internet. We know what  you were looking for. Fill out the form and send it back to us. "

Short and clear, but Morgan didn't know what they still wanted, just kept telling him they had nothing against him because he didn't do anything illegal. The Dark Web was not prohibited by law, nor was reading the conspiracy texts, copying anything or engaging in any discussions on the site. But he did something that draw their attention, didn't know what, "must be something he opened online" Morgan thought. He did not sleep that night, dream simply did not want come to his eyes, and his thoughts merely sought a reason for such a turn of events.

At around 6am, he decided to cooperate and filled out a form and sent it to the sender. He thought if he send it, they could think that he is not hiding anything and that he was ready to cooperate, and if he acted differently he was afraid that they might dig deeper and find out about his relationship with Lou, and that would not be good for him. He felt somehow calmer now that he had fulfilled it, and he was comforted to think of any chance of anyone even contacting him. He decided to have his coffee at Gray MagPie, but before that he went to the market. As soon as he stepped outside the building, a taxi stood outside as ordered. He sat in it and said he was going to the town market.

"This will be a good day."

That thought went through his head, the rain finally stopped falling, he didn't have to wait for a taxy or walk to the main street to find him, and a salted caramel cappuccino in a cup to go was waiting for him in the cafe. The taxi driver was not too talkative, nor did he look at him from the inside rearview mirror. Morgan looked out of the car window at all those people walking carelessly, unaware of what was happening around them, wondering what was true and what wasn't. All those conspiracies and theories, and the meeting with Lou left a mark on him, at least in his mind. A short "beep" on the cell phone marked a new email, Morgan recognized the sound.

Feeling of discomfort, panic and at the same time of excitement filled his body. As he tugged his cell phone out of his pocket in a gentle motion, fearing who had sent the e-mail, was that the answer to the form he had filled out? Now he thought for the first time why he had filled out this form at all, when he didn't know what it was for. A person with his experience and an eye for detail, always considered himself a person who was wary of such a move as blindly completing a form should not have happened.

He was trying to keep his emotions and cool gaze when he noticed that the email he had received had really been sent by the US government ... he didn't dare open it, the taxi driver was looking at him at once, they were just standing at the traffic light and people seemed to be looking at him... Paranoia? He thought ... what I got into ...

He put his cell phone back in his pocket, decided not to open it now, tried to calm his breathing, calm his thoughts. Just to move on. The dark red light shifted to green, the taxi driver lowered the manual and started slowly.

Taxi driver volume up radio, and from speakers inside cab, you could hear Sinatra's song "That's life", Morgan tought isn't that ironic, but as loud as music was, there was some sounds, someone speaking that Morgan noticed.

Driver had earpiece in his left ear, it was wireless, but Morgan saw it on the reflection of drivers mirror, and realized that driver is communicating with someone.

And just about he wanted to ask who is communicating with, the beam of the toothy sun broke through to Morgan's eyes, blinking for a moment, and it seemed as if it was dark before the eyelids hid their gaze, he noticed a truck on the right. Before he could open his eyes, the sound of the brakes filled the intersection, and a horrible blow was heard, which shook the birds from the branches of nearby Hoffman Park. The truck hit Morgan's taxi at a tremendous speed.

And the last thing he heard was cab drivers words "Don't worry Morgan, everything will be ok, just relax, and stay calm".