Eight-IW

A.N. IW can only mean one thing; RUINING EVERYONE'S LIFE YEAH! LET'S MAKE ASHLEY SUFFER MORE YAY!

Sorry for the wait guys.

-------------------/-------------------

"So, where is Tony?" I asked Tom as we sat in my office, eating toast as it was an early start for us. Cooper laid near my feet, playing with a a squeaky ball that he was given by Tom. 

Since I had gotten Cooper, he had hardly left my side and would cry whenever I had to leave to get groceries. I knew it was because he was scared of being left again, so wanting to be with me so he had me in his sights always. 

"Thought he'd want to brag about what he and Pepper did whilst they were alone." I mentioned Pep and Tony's little vacation that I gifted them for their anniversary. I had bought the cabin  for myself a couple of years ago but hardly used it. So what better place was there for a nice relaxing vacation? Nowhere.

"They wanted to take an early jog for some reason." Tom informed me, putting a small bit of toast into his mouth.

"And they didn't invite me? How rude." I said, grabbing my coffee from the desk and taking a few sips.

"They know you'll outrun them so they never bother to ask you. I do the same to be honest." He admitted "You're too fast even when you jog. It's not fair."

"Okay, that's true."

"Plus, you do this stupid 'on your left' thing every time you pass me." I paused what I was doing and looked at him surprised. I didn't even realise I did that.

Steve wasn't in my life but he was still part of it. Maybe I missed him more than I let on. I shook those thoughts away, reminding myself of what happened and how much he hurt me and Tony. If I was telling the truth; I had to remind myself a lot during the past year. It was almost like I was second guessing myself. But I couldn't be. I knew what I wanted.

"Where did you even get that from, anyway?" Tom asked. I stayed silent, pushing Steve's face from my mind. He appeared now and again, I assume, to taunt me that he was on the run and I was still here. That maybe I made a mistake. I chugged down some more coffee and pushed all that crap away. There's no way I made a mistake.....

"Probably a movie or something." I mumbled, leaning my arm down to stroke Cooper and remind myself of what was right here, right now.

"Sounds like you."

A knock on my office door then sounded, making Tom get up, rub the crumbs of his toast off his legs and then go to the door to see who it was. Thank god someone came to save me from my own stupid mind.

"Oh hey buddy. Come on in." Tom stepped out the way, letting George walk in. He noticed me at my desk and gave me a small wave, making me wave back with a smile. Cooper barked and happily ran over to greet George.

"Hey buddy." George greeted the dog back, stroking his head.

"Hey sweetie." I smiled at him. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Can we talk alone for a second? I need advice on something." He asked quite shyly, crossing his arms tightly like he was cold or nervous. More nervous then cold probably seen as we were inside.

"Sure. Let's go to the couch, it's comfier there." I smiled at him. George nodded back, following me to the couch, coffee in hand. Cooper trailed me and took a seat near my feet, resting his head between his front legs. When I said he didn't leave my side, he didn't leave my side.

"I'll-"

"Be at your desk. I know. Shoo." I cut off Tom, waving my hand for him to get lost. He rolled his eyes before doing as so. "What would you like to talk about?" I asked George, sitting foreword in order to listen intently, placing my coffee on the coffee table. George took a deep breath and turned to face me. I started getting worried when I saw his face. I could tell something was off and worrying him, and being his godmother, I wanted to correct whatever or whoever was doing this to him.