Twenty Four

Avengers HQ was no longer standing, turned into rubble which ended up knocking some of the team unconscious after they became separated. Thor was the first to awaken, eventually sitting up and looking around to find out where he was. He seemed to be above ground, but when he looked behind him, he found Ashley unconscious a few feet away. He took a moment to gather himself before he went over to her and knelt down to move a piece of debris from over her body.

"Ashley." He shook her gently, but she didn't respond. "Come on, Ashley, don't do this." After a couple of quiet seconds, her face scrunched up and she began to groan. "Oh, thank Odin." Thor breathed a sigh of relief as she began to open her eyes. Her hand then went to a cut on her forehead before she lowered it so she could see the small amount of blood on her fingers.

"What the hell just happened?" She managed to ask.

"I'm not sure. Can you stand?" He asked her, holding out his hand to help her. She nodded and took a hold of his arm so he could pull her up to her feet. She then saw her shield on the ground and picked it up before tightening her now very messy ponytail. "You alright?"

"Yeah." She replied then started to look around. "What about Steve and Tony? Are they okay?"

"I haven't seen them." He too looked around, and his body froze when he laid eyes on a familiar purple face. He stepped foreword to get a closer look and his fist tightened upon realising it was Thanos sat on a piece of rubble. Ashley walked up next to Thor and she let out a shaky sigh seeing Thanos alive. He wore armour made for him, a weapon stabbed into the ground with his helmet balanced on top of it. He only acknowledged them with a glance before looking off into the distance.

"How can he be here? Steve said you killed him." Ashley pointed out to Thor, her eyes focused on Thanos.

"I did. I think it's a past version of him."

"But how?"

"I do not know." Thor replied, gulping at the sight of the purple man. They then heard footsteps coming from the side, making Ashley get her gun from her leg holster and aim it towards the noise. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was Tony and Steve and put her gun back in it's holster.

"You okay?" Steve asked, noticing the cut on her forehead and going over to check on her.

"I'm okay. You two?" She looked from Steve to Tony.

"We're good." Tony replied, then walked up next to Thor to see what he was so interested in that he didn't even look away when they came over. He sighed when he saw it was Thanos. "What's he been doing?"

"Absolutely nothing." Thor replied as Steve and Ashley joined them.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked, his grip tightening around the strap of his shield.

"Somewhere under all this." Tony answered, motioning to the mountains of rubble all around them. "All I know is that he doesn't have 'em."

"So let's keep it that way." Ashley said as she craned her neck left and right.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked.

"Yeah. I don't much care." Tony told him.

"Good." Thor nodded. "Just as long as we're all in agreement." Dark clouds then began to gather over them, rumbling with thunder. Thor held out his hands and called both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker to him, whilst lighting wrapped around him making his suit and cape appear on him, as well as braiding his hair and beard. He still looked badass. "Let's kill him properly this time."

Together, the four of them got down from the rubble and walked towards Thanos. When he noticed the four of them coming closer, a smirk grew on his face.