10

10 | natural instincts

Waking up with a pounding headache and a growling stomach, I placed a hand over my forehead and sighed before blinking, adjusting my sight to my surroundings

Waking up with a pounding headache and a growling stomach, I placed a hand over my forehead and sighed before blinking, adjusting my sight to my surroundings. Blinking, I noticed a black nightstand beside me with a cup of water and note and it had brought me back to the morning when Asher had made me breakfast.

Where was I?

Downing the glass of water, I thanked the heavens for the hydration before picking up the note, my eyes almost bulging out when I noticed the same exact handwriting from the ones on my fridge.

You were drunk and I forgive you for barging into our house so late at night.

Eli will be downstairs making breakfast so I suggest you eat up.

- Ash.

Embarrassed once again, I guiltily climbed out of the comfortable bed that begged me to stay before glancing down at my outfit and realised nothing had been taken off and I was still wearing the same clothes from last night. As I tugged the note in my pockets, I thought if had I been sleeping on Asher's bed. Had he slept on the same bed with me?

The thought of him sleeping by my side almost made me want to throttle myself for even having such thoughts. I wasn't made for relationships, not since Kyle and the knowledge of what my father had done. I facepalmed myself as I descended the staircase for even thinking about having a relationship at all.

"Rough night?" I heard someone ask as I glanced up at Eli, his brown hair dishevelled and his chocolate brown eyes smirking at me in delight as he buttered the toast.

My sister, still in the same outfit, was sitting on a kitchen stool as she sent me an apologetic smile. "Good morning, sis."

"Eve," I greeted her quietly as I kissed her on the cheek before settling on the empty stool beside her, Eli sliding a plate to me with scrambled eggs, toast and bacon.

As Eve and I silently ate our breakfast, I couldn't help but noticed the look Eli was giving us as if he was trying to figure us out. I raised a brow at him, swallowed my toast before sipping on my orange juice.

"What?" I asked him with a blank expression.

"You and your sister look so much alike but so different, I'm trying to put a finger on it," Eli answered me slowly, causing my eyes to widen as I slightly shook my head at him but I knew it was too late because the sound of a knife and fork dropped on the plate. I glanced over to my sister who gave Eli a cruel look before storming out of the house as I sighed, rubbing my pounding temples.