Chapter Five: The Flayed

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95807

Same Night - Day One

Night - Starcourt Mall - Russian Elevator

The Russian elevator, with the Scoop Troops inside, was still falling down the elevator shaft. Steve, Dustin, Robin and Erica were screaming, while Nadia and Hailey weren't, but all were terrified of dying like this.

"We're going down!" Steve shouted. "We're going down!"

"Yeah, no shit, Steve!" Nadia told him.

Dustin was pounding on the buttons on the wall. "Why don't these buttons work?"

Hailey was hitting the buttons. "Come on, come on!"

Erica ran over to them. "Press the button!"

"What do you think we're doing?" Hailey replied.

"Come on, press something!" Robin told them. "Just press the button!"

The elevator suddenly stopped, making them all fall and getting a little banged up in the process.

Steve groaned. "My groin. It fell on my groin. Hailey! Nadia! Get these off of me!"

Hailey and Nadia moved the boxes that had fallen on Steve.

"Is everyone okay?" Nadia asked.

Steve stood. "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that you Russians can't design elevators!"

"Hey, don't throw me in with these guys," Nadia told him.

"'You Russians'?" Robin repeated. "What are you--"

"Nothing," Hailey told them. Steve walked toward the buttons on the wall. "I think Dustin and I've clearly established that those buttons don't work, Steve."

"They're buttons," Steve replied. "They have to do something."

Nadia gestured to the key slot next to the buttons. "Yeah, if we had a key card."

"A what?" Steve asked.

"It's an electronic lock," Nadia answered. "Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a key card, it won't operate, meaning--"

"We're stuck in here," Dustin finished.

"Yeah," Nadia answered.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me," Erica told them. "But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you guys are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."

"I don't care about Tina," Hailey retorted. "Or Uncle Jack's party. Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!"

Dustin pointed up at the ceiling. "Hey. What if we climbed out?"

They saw that there was an elevator hatch up above.

Elevator Shaft

Nadia opened the latch, pulling herself up on to the top of the elevator. Hailey, Dustin and Steve climbed out as well. The four of them looked up at the long way up the elevator shaft.