Chapter Seven: The Bite

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95811

Same Night - Day One

Night - Fun Fair

(Song:) R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A - John Mellencamp

Everyone around the fun fair was having a blast, completely having a fun time with all the activities, games and music all around, including a fun house, paintball, slides, balloon toss, a school band dressed in red, white and blue, plenty of rides, etc.

(Song Ends)

Larry walked onto the stage in front of everyone, standing at a podium, speaking through a mic. "Now, doesn't that just lift your spirits?" Everyone cheered. "Let's give another big hand for the Hawkins High marching band!" Everyone cheered and clapped. "I hope you're all having a good time tonight. Are you having a good time?" Everyone was cheering. "I can't hear you. Are you having a good time?" Everyone cheered again, as loudly as they could. "I want you to know that we spared no expense to provide you with the very best entertainment that money can buy."

A couple kids ran through the crowd, and the camera panned to follow them toward the Ferris wheel.

Ted, Holly and Karen were in the Ferris wheel, about to ride it to the top.

A fair worker locked the bar across their laps. "Keep your arms inside."

Karen smiled at Holly. "Uh-oh! Dad can't get out now."

"Why do you two enjoy torturing me?" Ted asked.

"Because it's fun," Karen answered.

Holly smiled. "Yeah, Dad, 'cause it's fun!"

The Ferris wheel started to turn and take them up, making Ted groan uneasily.

"Oh, here we go," Karen said enthusiastically.

Larry was still giving his speech. "But enough of me blabbering. Who here wants to see some fireworks? Come on, now, you can do better than that. Who here wants to see some fireworks?"

Everyone cheered loudly.

Ted, Holly and Karen stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.

"Uh, why are we stopping?" Ted asked.

"Because I slipped Jimmy a five," Karen answered.

"You what?" Ted asked.

"Come on, these are the best seats in the house," Karen pointed out.

Holly smiled. "The best seats in the house."

The fireworks started to go off right above, startling them at first, before Ted, Holly and Karen started to truly enjoy the show of beautiful colorful explosions, so close to them.

On stage, Larry spread his arms. "Happy fourth of July!"

Everyone cheered.

Karen smiled, looking at Holly. "That was pretty, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," Holly answered.

"Yeah," Karen said softly.

Holly looked down from the sky when she saw that some of the trees in the forest up ahead started to move. "Mom, the trees."