ch {2}

Caroline's POV

After reading the invitation, I knew I had to find the perfect dress for the ball. This was my first time ever getting invited to a royal ball, I had never even owned a fancy dress before.

As I walk around the village square a few days later after receiving the invitation, I start to plan how I'm going to get this perfect dress. My plan would normally be to just steal a dress, but that wouldn't be the easiest to do. I was in a predicament, there was no way I was showing up to the castle without a fancy dress, but I knew I wasn't gonna be able to steal a dress. But the materials, that was a different story. I knew had to sew pretty well, it was something that i used quite often growing up, I'd take the hand-me-down clothes and sew them into something that would fit me better.

As I walk into the seamstress shop, I start to mentally pick out what I wanted. Once I find the exact things I wanted, that's when the hard part began. It was easy to pick up the needle, thread, and zippers I needed, all I had to do was slip them in my bag. Now the hard part came, I had to get the fabric out of the store without anyone noticing. I picked out a dark blue silk fabric and already had the pattern laid out in my mind. I wrap the fabric under my arm and start walking towards the door. but I would stop and look at the different shelves so none of the staff would notice me. Once I got close enough to the door I quickly slipped out and made my way down the cobblestone streets like nothing happened.

Somehow I had never built a reputation for stealing, I was almost never caught. Most would say I had gotten too good at it, it was almost natural for me to not even think about paying. I didn't know how long I would live like this, would I die with this lifestyle? I sure hope not. I never thought about my future, my mind stayed on the here and now. I never knew what the next day held so why worry about it? I had hoped to find a better job that would help me move into a nicer apartment and be able to buy nice clothes and food but most places wouldn't hire me because I didn't have 'experience'. 

"Making yourself a dress, Caroline?" I was stopped by William, an older man who always talked to me whenever he saw me. He didn't have any family, he never found his mate and said he would never marry anyone who wasn't his mate so he lived in the pack house with many other people. They were in the process of building 2 more pack houses as the original was overflowing and there was currently a waitlist to move-in. I hoped to receive a room in one of the new pack houses whenever they opened which would help with my abundant bills.

"Yes, I am, William. I got invited to the Royal's Christmas Ball." I smiled, standing next to hunched over man.

"Lucky you, maybe a fine, young woman like yourself will win the heart of our very own Prince Alexander." William joked, poking at my hip. I had always found something about the Prince so attractive.

"I doubt that, have you heard the rumors about him being so shy that he almost never comes to any ball?" I say, the rumors about the royals were almost never true, but this one seemed likely. The Royal Prince, was hardly ever at any social event the kingdom held. It was strange that a royal wasn't in the spotlight as much as the press would like him to be. Whenever I would see him on a magazine or in the news, the headline would always say something out him being the royal bachelor. He was such a good-looking man, I wasn't sure how some she-wolf hasn't attached herself to his arm.

"I have but I'm sure a lovely lady like you can lure him out of his shell." He winks at me.

"I'll be getting on my way now, it was nice seeing you, William." I dismissed his comment and kept heading down the street. Soon I reached my run down apartment building. Once I get inside my apartment, I laid down my materials and stripped off my thick jacket. I started the lay out my fabric and mark where I needed to cut pieces. Finally everything was cut and ready to be sewn.

"Now for the hard part, sewing it all together." I say to myself.

Alex's POV

"We need you to approve the menu."

"Can you please look over the flowers?"

"You need to come get fitted for your tux."

"Mom!" I yell as I continue to be bombarded by questions. It was a 4 days till the Christmas Ball and my parents were just about to leave for Europe.

"What, sweetie?" My mother says, walking up to me and caressing my face, my father was right behind her, ready to leave.

"It's too much, Mom, can't you just stay to set it up?" I ask, all the servants stopped with their questions, which I was grateful for.

"Where's Maid Sarah?" My father asks.

"I don't want to bother her, she has her own duties to attend to." I say, she didn't deserve to be forced to help me through this.

"Honey, it's her job to serve the Royals, she will help wherever you need her most." Mom tells me, I guess she knows best. "She headed down here right now to help."

"This is a lot, Mom." I say, looking down towards my mother.

"It is, but you are going to do great." She smiles at me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm proud of you, just don't set the castle on fire and you've done better than your brother would." My dad jokes, trying to lighten the mood. Maid Sarah then appears in the meeting room that was currently holding all the servants who were planning the ball. She immediately started telling people where to go and what to do, you could tell she was my mothers main assistant for all these years.

"We have to leave now, the jet is waiting on us." Mom says, "If you need anything, call or mind-link us."

With that, they headed out of the room and off the Europe. I was now the only of-age Royal left in the castle, what was I gonna do?

"Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it." I smile to Sarah. We all sit down around the large table, and begin to make all the decisions for the ball. All that I would do was say yes or no to whatever I was shown. I was certainly hoping I was making the correct choices.

"And finally, silver or gold cutlery?" One of the kitchen servants asked me, I wasn't sure what would look best or any of that.

"Um Gold." I said it more as a question than a statement.

"And that was it, you're all done with setting up the arrangement." Sarah smiles, holding a notebook full of all the choices I made today.

"That was tiring, now I understand why my mother was always tired after her meetings."' I chuckle, leaning back in my chair. "Now I need a good nap."

"I'm sorry, sir, but you must go get fitted for your tux now." Sarah sympathetically smiles towards me, leading me back to my suite.

"I'm very glad I was not born first." I groan, stumbling into my suite. "I could never be King."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

im sorry that this is so late and crappy but ive recently been going through a lot so its been hard to write, hopefully ill be back to normal soon.

also all the notifications from the queens alpha are sooo cute!! like yalls libraries names are so funny. heres a few of my most recent favs:

"fake famous people"

"shitfaces"

"my heartttt"

I hope yall have an amazing febuary with lots of love and happiness!!

word count: 1365