ch {4}

Alexander's POV

Alexander's POV

"No one touch her, She's mine." I growl, running after my mate. The crowd split in two as we both went running. My wolf couldn't help but feel pride at how fast our mate was running, I was barely catching up to her. But as soon as she left the castle, I had her in my grasp. Tingles shot through my hand which was holding her bare arm. My eyes lock with her beautiful hazel eyes, my mind was running a mile a minute.

I heard the guards running up behind me, I grab her purse full of gold and hand it to the guards without ever breaking eye contact. Once the guards left, I had to make a choice. Do I let her go or do I make her stay with me?

"What do you want?" She asks, her eyes having a fire in them.

"You do know that we are-" I get cut off my her saying;

"Yes, I know we're mates, I never said I wanted one." she groans at me. My heart broke into a million pieces, was she rejecting me?

"You don't want me?" I whisper, this is a nightmare.

"I can't be mated to you, you're the prince." She says, trying to pull her arm out of my hold. I tighten my grasp, I wasn't going to let her go.

"There no doubt that you're my mate, can't you feel our bond, the tingles?" I ask, pulling her closer to me. "You can stay here with me, be my mate, be mine."

"With the stunt I just pulled, I doubt that." She laughs, looking away from me.

"Not if I have a say in it," I said, I already had a plan in my head. "I need you to come in and have a trial with the elders."

"Shouldn't it be the King and Queen?" She interrupts me again.

"They are out of town, so it falls on the elders. You will have to spend a few nights here." I say, ready to pull her into the castle. All my wolf wanted was her to be in our arms in the castle.

"What happens if I don't go on trial?" She ask, testing me.

"You will be hunted down for not only stealing from the castle but also running from your sentence." I slyly smirk, watching the gears turn in her head. She was so gorgeous, she just takes my breath away.

"I guess I'm coming in then." She sighs, walking towards the castle. I let go of her arm and follow her into the castle.

"This way, we're going to a meeting room." I say, leading her away from the still crowded ballroom. I walk up the stairs and towards the main meeting room. I see Sarah running towards me, obviously confused about everything. I slow down my stride and pull Sarah to the side.

"Please have a guest room ready, I'm not sure if she will want to stay with me." I whisper in her ear, "Tell my parents to come home as soon as they can, don't say I found her."

I turn back to the lovely lady who I didn't even know the name of yet.

"I'm sorry, but I never asked your name." I apologize as we keep walking.

"Caroline." She simply says, looking up at me. Her name fit her perfectly, Caroline, My Caroline.

"I love that name, my name is-"

"I already know your name, the whole kingdom does." She laughs "Prince Alexander."

"Please call me Alex, otherwise it's too formal." I say as I open the door to the meeting room for her. She freezes once she sees the many elders in front of her.

Caroline's POV

"This way, we're going to a meeting room." He says to me, leading me away from the ballroom. I was mated to Prince-fucking-Alexander, Oh My Goddess. As much as I didn't want a mate, the man walking in front of me could easily change my mind. I mean how dare a man have such a fine ass.

He slows down to talk to a older woman who looks like she's a maid. She eyes me as he whispers something in her ear, he turns back to and we begin to walk again.

"I'm sorry, I never asked your name." he asks politely, you can tell he was raised to be a royal.

"Caroline," I smile, looking at him. He was tall too, no I don't want a mate, this needs to stop. How was I mated to him? I was just a random person from the village who stole anything she could find, he should be mated to some alpha's daughter, not me.

"I love that name, my name is-"

"I already know your name, the whole kingdom does." I interrupt him, which was a bad habit of mine. "Prince Alexander."

"Please call me Alex, otherwise its too formal." He says, I like Alex better than Alexander. He holds the door open to what I assume is the meeting room. What a gentleman. But when I walk into the room I see many elders sitting around the large table, I immediately freeze.

"Caroline, meet the Royal Elders, Elders, meet my mate." Alex says, placing a hand on the small of my back. As much as I didn't want him to be my mate, his touch was so comforting.

"Welcome, we've been informed of the situation, please take a seat." One of the elders say, Alex shows me to a seat across the table and then he sits down next to me. He had taken his suit coat off at some point and was now just his shirt and tie.

"The King and Queen will make the final decision but we can make a judgment now." Another Elder says, staring me down. A knock on the door stops the next Elder from speaking.

"Yes?" Alex answers. The maid from earlier walks in.

"You are needed to end the ball with the elders," She says, looking around the room. "unless you want your brother to close it."

"We're coming, we'll finish this tomorrow." Alex says standing up. "Elders you may leave, I'll be right behind you."

The elders begin to file out of the room but Alex squats down to speak to me.

"You don't have to say yes, but do you want to stay in my room?" He asks, I could see the nerves in his eyes. He grabs my hands which were sitting in my lap, I take a deep breath.

"Um....yeah I guess.." I involuntarily say, my brain said 'no' while my heart said 'yes'. This mate bond was overtaking my feelings, how was I supposed to just feel comfortable with a man I've never met? Somehow I felt so at ease and safe around him, even him just holding my hands made me want to never leave his side.

"Great, Maid Sarah will show you to my room and I'll meet you there after I finish with the ball." He says, squeezing my hands before letting go. He stands and gives me a small smile before leaving the room. I look over at the door where the maid stands.

"You're Maid Sarah?" I ask, standing up from my seat.

"Yes, and you are that sweet boy's mate." She says, I could sense a distaste in her tone.

"I am." I say with no emotion.

"I have a feeling it's unwanted." She says, I nod. "Then you better know this, I raised his mother and I watched his siblings and him grow up. That boy has such a big heart and has been yearning for you to come into his life for so long. I can tell that you already have his heart in your hands and if you break it, not only will you be letting down him and his family, but the kingdom."

I take a deep breath and give her a nod.

"Now let me show you to his room." She says, as I begin to follow her.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I updated wooowwwww

please comment any suggestions and thoughts or even just something you liked it really helps me and I appreciate it!!

word count: 1323