the mystic arts pt 1

Dejimajia Alifachio might seem like a somewhat normal person. She has a girlfriend, goes to high school, and has a job at Stark Industries as the personal intern of Pepper Potts. Now, you might be thinking; What's so odd about that? But because of the internship, Dejimajia gets to hang out with the avengers, who know her as Dena. She attends Midtown High with Peter and is dating the princess of Wakanda. That's what's odd about it.

At school, Dena is the popular, bad b!tch in charge. She is on the Decathalon team, Dance team, and student council. Her second in command is MJ, the girl who can silence The room with a glare.

At home, well, Dena doesn't really have a home. She left home when she was 15, a year after getting her internship. Now she lives at the tower and sees Pepper as a mentor and a mother. She, like Peter, has become a part of the dysfunctional Avengers family. When Dena and Peter joined this family, they both had secrets. Peter spilled the secret of him being Spider-Man after only a few days of being around his heroes. Dena however, even 1 year later, had not cracked.

Dena's secret was her past. While it is true she left home, she wasn't honest about why. Dena was a Mistress of the Mystic Arts. When she was just a baby, her biological mother left her at the door of Kamar-Taj (Did I get that right?). There she was trained in the way of the Mystic Arts and self-defense from a young age. She was a top student. The Ancient One became her Parental figure, and the artifact that chose her was the Gloves of Time.

The gloves of time give the user the ability to slow, stop, speed and reverse time for about ten minutes. This means that Dena can reverse time by ten minutes, and often does this so she can get places on time.

Dena and Stephen were great friends. They studied together, practiced together, and were nearly impossible to separate. Then one day Stephen came to her with news of The Ancient One's death. Dena thought this to be his fault at the time and went to Loki. She told Loki that her Adopted Mom had died so she had nowhere to go. The Asgardians welcomed her with open arms after hearing of her Adoptive Mom's death. After about a month, Dena moved in with the avengers. Stephen was forgiven long ago, and although they now live in the same city, it seems they try as much as possible to avoid each other.

Of course, Shuri knew all this and helped Dena avoid Stephen. But one day, something completely unexpected happened during breakfast. Doctor Stephen Strange walked in through a portal.

"Deji, I know you blame me, but she would want us to move on," He said after a moment of silence.

Dena shrunk back, only staying to honor her Mom's memories. "Today is the one year anniversary of her death, Stephen. I know you did all you could. But my heart still thinks it isn't enough."She said, tears welling in her eyes. Stephen noticed first and went to comfort his old friend. The rest of the people in the room were too stunned to talk.

"Shh, It's okay." He whispered. "I'm so sorry for any pain I caused you , Dena."

"I'm sorry I left. Can we go to the Sanctum and talk about this?" Dena asked him. When he nodded, she stuck a hand out and waved it in a circle. This created a portal to the New York Sanctum. Then Stephen and Dena left.

The team sat in stunned silence, Shuri being the only one not effected by the events.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Tony asked after a few minutes.

"That was Dena reuniting with an old friend. She was raised at Kamar-Taj by The Ancient One. When Stephen came, they were inseparable. She taught him how to use the Mystic Arts, and thought Stephen betrayed her when she learned of The Ancient One's death. When she left she went to Asgard for a while, then came here. She still continued to practice the Mystic arts in secret though." Shuri explained.

"Why didn't she tell us? We could have helped her." Natasha said.

"She didn't want to be abandoned. Every parental figure in her life has died. She didn't want you exposed to that." Shuri said.

"My little girl," Loki whispered. "She didn't deserve that." Then, much louder, he said, "I want to adopt her. I want to adopt my little girl."

"WHAT?!?!"

"NO!!!!"

"YAY!!"

"BITCH WHAT?"