Chapter 6

Complete silence in the cabin. Two men holding their ground in the middle of it, one erratic while one calm. Almost enjoying this control. David slowly raised his hand as to point the gun towards the roof. As he had his fun, his smooth smirk revealing this in plain sight. The poor blond stood terrified as the metal slowly left the fabric of his shirt as he finally took a long enough breathe.
"What is this?..."
He said as his eyes fixated at the contents of the almost empty tackle box. The inner surfaces rusted to all extent as he couldn't make sense of this. David just chuckled as he patted his shoulder with his left one.
"Well, Blondie. There you go, that's my car keys. The one you fancy so damn much. Well, who knows if I am going to live or not? Might as well, you take it."
         David had the most nonchalant tone Max had ever heard. He talked about death as if it was a prediction of the damn weather. His eyes wide in wonder as he truly understood what he was ensnared in right now. David had the softness, same as the time in the office. Max slowly turned around as he saw the look on his face. Not a hint of remorse or regret in his actions. The smile same as the one in the office, as his cheeks were raised, his eyes slightly squinted with the smile. A close enough look and he saw it, that sense of nothingness. His face apathetic, made to feel nothing, made to be emotionless. David held his jaw as he rubbed it and let out a light groan.
"Holding that smile was so damn hard."
Max's mind suddenly coming to the revelation of a lifetime, the constant smile always beaming in the office even in times of distress and overload. David always smiled, but now he knew how much of it was a ruse, a facade. He was jealous of David for so long. He had it all. A girlfriend who he loved, a good car, a good apartment, satisfied and content with his life. While Max still went through this world with the frustration of finding his meaning and calling. He didn't even like his position in the firm! It just paid him money, just for surviving but not living. But now, the one he looked up to be like was the one who was like him. The ideal life he sorted for was a lie, it never existed. He was stuck with what he had forever. That hurt him, like a pin puncturing the bubble of dreams. That look of apathy never changed off David's face as he couldn't feel anymore, he had made himself feel nothing. This required a machine which was prepared , his body ready to take on the world but his mind still hanging by the thread of delving into depths of sadness and sorrow that awaited him after this was over if he could walk out of this alive somehow.

𝘊𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬...

The hairs of the men standing on end as the million half thoughts ran through the brain. This wasn't an everyday routine for them but the primal instinct developed by their ancestors over the course of a million years kicking in, coming up with one solution only. A predator..
Disguised, razor like reflexes and worst of all, the disgusting craving for blood. The predators of the modern world carried guns. While some still didn't let go of their primal practices of playing with their prey, letting out squeals of pain and agony which just fueled their pleasure. No matter what one would say about human nature, down to the core. Almost every human had a craving for chaos, a need to inflict pain. This was certainly true for our ringleader of this operation, Zeno. He had learned to embrace these unethical desires of his. Let it be of lust, chaos, pain, kindness. Zeno had many faces underneath that cold expressionless demeanor of his as he craved control over everything around him. As the creak had most certainly given away his position. But rather than cursing, Zeno let that demeanor melt away as the fun had just begun. A thin nasty grin came across that handsome face of his. As his charismatic features faded away showing their colors. His dark features, unveiling the true skin of this maniac.
'You were made this way.'

𝘛𝘢𝘱..𝘛𝘢𝘱..𝘛𝘢𝘱

Zeno held the grip of the pistol tight. One in hand while the other lay under his suit on the holster. He was prepared to handle everything. He let the end of the grip hit the wooden door. As the thuds sent shivers over the men, as David's reaction was to aim at the door as he turned off the safety as he had practiced before a hundred times. The gun pointing at the door a bit shaky. It had been a long time since his last battle. His eyes blinking a bit too quick as he adjusted to the dark again. His eyes fixed at the crack in the door as he waited for something to come out. His finger just on the trigger as he was less than a millimetre away. So much power, all he had to do was just pull his finger back.