Chapter 8

She carried through the park. The cold air tickling her cheeks as a flush of red filled them. Her dimples showing as she had a smile. She couldn't believe it, she knew this would happen. This was it. This was the moment. Her feet taking longer and longer strides as she took off in a full blown run. Her heart pounding, not of fear or of adrenaline. But of excitement. The thought of Caleb never even crossed her mind. Leaving him there, she had regretted it but she had to make a selfish decision for once. Her eyes going over her phone as she held it against the chest as her legs didn't take a break.
'Everything will be good now..' Her eyes closing just that tiny bit to let her imagine the future in store for her. She ran and ran as far as her legs carried her. Getting out of the park, crossing block after block after block. She finally stopped right outside her building as she panted and panted, her lungs struggling for air. As she stood for a minute, walking through and right to her apartment.
'This might be the last time I come here...'
She felt reminiscent as she looked at the lobby and the entirety of the building as it had been her home for far too long. It was a part of her life now. Reaching her apartment door, she stood there. Just looking at that number. Delicate tears welling up in her eyes as she hardened her will and plowed through. Getting right to work, the bag coming off the top of her wardrobe as she filled them with clothes. At least 3 days worth of clothes. Her phone charger, food, only the basic necessities. As even her car key was left by her nightstand. Taking off in such a hurry. The rush was like a drug as a smile couldn't be swiped off her face. Slinging the bag on her shoulder, she left. No goodbyes or farewells. The skip in her step, the thrust of her feet was enough for anyone to realize the impatience of this woman.
Her eyes finally full of hope and life force. The force pushing her to the goal of a changed life forever. To the origin of something life changing was the destination. 
"Just wait..just wait for me. I will be there.."

A/N:Welcome to the smallest chapter of the series. Don't know why it's short. For me, it feels perfect. I am reading poems nowadays like the oldies from William Blake or Shakespeare. I am remembering them. I don't have a reason for that as well tbh. See you on the next page.

Your Awkward Friendly Writer,
Kelan Demou