Chapter 10

His face gleamed in the evening light, half and half. His lips curving as he kept walking, his whitened teeth shone with the new aura around him. The little drips of his exposed knuckles onto the pavement. He kept walking with only one intention under that grin of his. A twitch flowed through him as the inquiring eyes of the streets were laid on him. He paid no heed to them as he hadn't to his aching fists. Itching fists was a better description. Stopping at the entrance of an alley, he looked down on it. Disappearing into the tunnel of the darkness away from civilization and the street lamps into the animal kingdom of the city. His attire and his peak condition shoes were standing out like white in a black background. The eyes of the alley were way less forgiving, as another set of steps were added to his. He kept going on through. He knew why he was here, that itch had to satisfied after all. Another set added. Brown and black ragged hoodies followed his blood stained jacket. A glance to the back being greeted with the yellow white teeth of hunger, baring at him. Caleb couldn't help but let a quiet snicker. He remembered where he came from. Before he was exiled. "Caleb Shore" meant nothing to him. He wasn't from here. An escape from the constant fighting and the battle for his survival. Nothing more than a tool for the mafia. Collector, hitman, boosting cars, he was nothing more. Why did he run then?
Ask that to the pieces sunk to the bottom of the sea. The pieces of one of the three of the pillars of the Organisation. He shouldn't have killed him, he knew he would be a marked man if he did. He could never come up in the Organisation not with how he was. Reckless, untrustworthy, manipulative, not a single care for his brothers. He killed the pillar because he just yelling more. Then, he ran. Money enough for the new identity and the credentials. The job given from one of his contacts. Of course after dumping him down the Deep. Just to spit in the Organisation's face, An empty burial. He was marked ever since. Running, killing everyone he needed to. There was no police investigation, of course. The bodies were never found. All of them went up for missing.

Now, he stood there with the insects of this city trying to mug the Mad Dog of the Organisation. He stopped and started to laugh. A laugh straight from the belly, holding his knees and his head jerking with the maniacal laughter of this human. The hoodies stopped and were a bit terrified from him. Black flipped out the knife as he held it in his stance. The laughter didn't stop. His voice high pitched, guttural as it bounced off the walls. He turned around with his back arched as he looked back with the biggest grin on him. His eyes muddy, the corners of the lips stretching to its limits. Another chill ran down their spine as Brown asked for the money. Caleb saw the shine of the knife as he straightened his arched back, almost coming from the demonic posture. He faced them now. The shouts for the paper increased as they threatened to kill. But that just fueled him. He needed the thrill, the edge, do or die. He stepped closer to them, Brown took a step back subconsciously. But the other held his ground as he tensed up. Caleb, less than an arm's length away. The knife in between.
"You have nice fingers, you know?"
He hesitated as Caleb stared at his hand for a few moments and in that ending moment. Caleb lunged for the hand, a scream following from the encounter as the knife fell down on the damp ground. Another scream and another. Four screams in total. Caleb stood over the man as his hand left his as the crooked fingers, moved to the extreme fell down. He smirked down at him as he held his hand in agonizing pain. Rolling around, Caleb laughed again seeing that state. He looked up and saw the partner. His hoodie nothing compared to his scarred true eyes. He started to run, but Caleb wouldn't let him go so easily. A quick throw right in his calf, as he let out a scream and fell.
Caleb put his hands in triumphant manner as he smiled. A true smile.
"Return To Sender."
He said softly as he started to walk to his new plaything. Brown tried to crawl away as he bled down the ground. He had tried to pull the knife but it was too painful. He couldn't, so he just trudged on. Trying to get away from the psychopath. Screaming and shouting calling for help. But nobody would come, why would they? No one cared if one guy died or was taken to the brink of death. Whatever happened in the alleys would always be heard by the walls and no one else. Caleb gripped the feet as he looked up at him. Licking his lips, he winked.
"Where are you going, honey? What about our appointment?"
He pulled the bloody knife as the blood squirted onto his pants. He put it aside as he tried to beg for mercy. For something but Caleb didn't listen as he held it strong and swung him into the wall as he laughed again in amusement. Shouting 'Homerun' to himself. As he sat there against the wall, groaning. He looked up at the figure of darkness looking down at him. Those fear filled eyes looked at him, he looked into them and saw that figure.
"Would you look at that?...Dreams do come true."
Multiple screams followed as it echoed through the alley. Two men both passed out from the pain. One's fingers all broken with the nails scraped out crudely. Other's face almost unrecognizable, swollen all over, lip busted, teeth fallen over his body and part of his ear cut off. Pieces of glass stuck out his cheek. Caleb looked down at him and his knuckles.
"Finally...the glass is out. Thanks, dear."
He smiled genuinely at the man who is at best unresponsive. Both men lived to tell their tale but they never were seen in that alley ever before.

Caleb walked out the alley as he stretched out his arms and popped his back as he put the bloody knife in his pocket as he started to whistle down the street as he walked. Blood splattered over his face as he still nodded at the women with the utmost charismatic smile he could but that just earned him a shudder from them and their fast steps away from him. He just shrugged it off. Another twitch came along as his entire body twitched with his neck bending to the side. He wasn't done. Not at all.
"Masks can never be you. It just prolongs your cowardly attempts. Now, I know. All thanks to Jane. "
His nonchalant expression changed as he had a thousand yard stare. Plotting his next move. Jane was his. She belonged to him and no one else. But David would stand in the way. He would kill him. He would kill anyone who would stand in his way.