Chapter 4 ~ Kaori's Life

Hi guys! Okay, this chapter is in Kagom's POV. It'll be my longest chapter yet, I may even be switching between Kaori and Kagome, but mainly it'll be Kagome. Anyways, enjoy! :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome's POV

I watch as my ani, Kaori, opens the book. We both gasp at a picture of a cute, tanned baby with a surprising tuft of pitch-black hair. Under the photo, the words "Our baby Kaori Akiye Higurashi, 21/10/97" written in gold ink under it.

Kaori turns over the page carefully, and it has a photo of a stunning little baby with a slim figure and bright blue eyes, walking. It says under that, "Kaori's first steps".

Kaori turns to the second-last page - a picture of a beautiful little girl who could pass for around 6 or 7, but I knew she was only 4. The text under it says "Kaori before her disappeance." 

She finally turns to the last page. It's all tear-stained, and all it is is writing in that gold ink: "For our baby Kaori, who mysteriously disappeared 31/01/01. We live with the hope that Kaori Akiye Higurashi is still living in this world, even to the present day. now, Kaori has two siblings, Kagome Higurashi and Sota Higurashi. In hope that they will meet their onee-chan someday, we shall hold strong."

A perfect tear spills from my sister's sapphire eyes, and joins the others on the page of the album.

Kaori's POV

"M-Mom... I-I... can't stay..." I whisper.

She looks at me, heartbroken. "Why not, my dear Kaori?" "

Because I... I'm dangerous!" I yell, then stand up.

"I'm more dangerous than you know! I hate you! Kagome, tell InuYasha I'm leaving!"

I jump into the well.

Kagome's POV

"K-Kaori..."

Mom stares at the well.

I walk out, and back into the kitchen, where InuYasha is with Sota.

"I'm trying to show InuYasha how to make a sandwich!" he says brightly.

"That's nice and all, Sota, but get out. Me and InuYasha have to talk."

"Do we?" InuYasha scratches behind his ear.

"Yes we do. Sota, out."

"Aww..." grumbles Sota, stalking out of the room.

"InuYasha. Kaori's left."

"What?!" he yells. "Sesshomaru's looking for her, to kill her, and you let her out?!"

"InuYasha! I didn't let her out! She yelled to Mom that she was too dangerous to stay here, then jumped in the well!"

"Kagome! Let's go in there, right now!"

Kaori's POV

I climb out of the well, grumbling. I run into a forest, run as fast as I can, before leaning against a tree for breath.

As soon as my full weight is against the tree, it topples and falls. Just my luck.

I walk deeper into the forest, until I see a light. I run towards it, then stop running.

But it's too late now. I'm face-to-face with my ex-mate, Sesshomaru. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, I know I said this chapter would be long, but I was getting tired and couldn't be bothered. Anyway, I swear the next chapter will be longer! 

~ Luka