Chapter 16

A/N: Photo: Cameron Diaz as Veronica

Chapter 16

Angelo's P.O.V

"You did what?" I asked surprised when Veronica told me what she did to Derek Munn- the guy who tried to hit on me during my first day at University.

"Well, your mum told me that you came home but you didn't even come to see me." She huffed. "Then she told me about your eyes and about the Derek guy who assaulted you. I couldn't contain myself so I flew here as soon as possible to teach the whore a lesson." she said, looking proud for what she did.

We were at the Starbucks. I decided to meet her at the shop after class. We haven't seen each other for more than a couple of months and we sure have a lot to catch up.

Veronica disguised herself using wig and heavy makeup. I myself didn't actually recognise her if she didn't call me out.

Veronica Buenaventura: a well-known personality in the world and mostly Australia and one of my best mates. I met her 4 years ago when I came in Australia. She was the only daughter of my dad's business partner who owned the biggest vineyard in the world. At such young age, Veronica has been successful in her dream of becoming top female model. Indeed, she has a body and looks like a goddess and every man who would see her would definitely bow at their feet.

I was home-schooled until I finished my year twelve and Veronica was the only kid at my age around the house. She was living at the manner while her father was away in business. Since she was the only kid around my age and the only kid allowed socialising with me, we became best of mates.

"So you know about my eyes?" I asked, trying to hide the guilt of not telling her. I was thankful though that my mum didn't tell her about Daniel.

"Oh come on Angie..." she waved off. She gives me a pet name 'Angie' whenever she feels too lazy to say my whole name. And I do HATE it.

"I hate it when you call me that...." I furrowed my eyebrow. "It's sounds so girly". I complained.

"You know you like it." She smirked. "As I was saying, I've been living in your manner for almost 5 years. Of course I've seen your dad's eye change every time he gets upsets or something." She stirred her coffee with a teaspoon.

"Sorry for not giving you a visit. It was just..." I didn't continue with what I was saying as I don't want to remind myself about the problem in my family.

"Your dad isn't that bad, actually. Just give him a chance." She said.

"I don't wanna talk about it Nica, please." I threw her a pleading look and took a sip at my hot chocolate.

"Fine. So what's with you and Daniel?" she said out of nowhere.

I choked out with my hot chocolate and burnt my tongue in the process. Veronica tried to pat my back and I almost eat a whole pack of serviettes to soothe my tongue.

After the chocking and pain subsided, I arched my back forward and started to pretend that I was doing something, completely ignoring Veronica's question.

"Hey, how are you and your fiancé by the way?" I diverted the topic.

"Hmmm... well, I think he would do as my soul mate. I mean, we both love the business and he's pretty handsome. He'll do." She said matter of fact.

I looked up at her and frowned. "Arranged marriage is never a soul mate." I huffed.

"Okay then genius, what is soul mate for you?" she took a sip on her coffee.