To the Movies

Courtney opened the door to the bathroom as she finished getting dressed for the movies. She had a comfy soft pink sweater and black leggings with beige UGGs. She walked downstairs where Duncan was concentrated watching the TV. He was already dressed. He just threw on a black t-shirt with a skull on it and light-washed jeans. Courtney walked over to Duncan and sat next to him on the couch. He smiled. She leaned close to him, and he wrapped his arm around her neck.

"What are you watching?" Courtney asked softly.

"It's a new horror movie, I don't know what it's called though," Duncan replied. Courtney watches with him, snuggling next to him. It was 4:53 pm and they had two tickets to go to the movies at 5:30. The theater wasn't far from their neighborhood so they didn't have to take long to get there.

Duncan smelled Courtney. He knew that scent. It's the lotion she bought her as a gift about a fortnight ago. "You're wearing the Honey Strawberry lotion I gave you, aren't you?" Duncan asked, smiling at her. Courtney smiled, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Yea," she said. Duncan smirked, kissing her on her forehead and then turning back to the TV.

It was now 5:02, so they decided to get ready to go, so they got in the car. Duncan drove again. "You look beautiful, princess," Duncan told her, winking at her. Courtney blushed.

"Thanks, Duncan," she replied. They drove at 65 MPH to the movie theater.

Once they got there, Duncan parked and they got out of the car. "I got the tickets," Courtney stated, grabbing the tickets out of her purse. They walked through the big parking lot and toward the huge movie theater. He took her hand, and they finally entered the doors of the theater.

"Welcome! Tickets?" a lady said that was standing by the ticket line. Courtney handed her their tickets, still holding on to Duncan's hand. "Right this way," she pointed the way. They stepped through and entered the area of movie snacks. Many people were walking with their hands full of popcorn, hot dogs, candy, and sodas.

Duncan walked over to the place to buy the snacks. "What do you want, sweetheart?" he asked her.

"Sour patch kids and an ICEE," she replied. Duncan walked up to one of the workers.

"A large popcorn, a large drink cup, a large ICEE, and this candy," Duncan told the worker. He handed his the pack of Sour Patch Kids and a pack of Skittles.

"That'll be $28," he said. Duncan paid the money in cash. The worker went and got their things and handed it to Duncan. "Enjoy your movie!"

"Here, babe," he told her, handing her candy and ICEE cup. They walked to the soft drink machine and Duncan quickly filled up his drink with Sprite. Then they walked over to the ICEE machine and Courtney filled up her cup with blue raspberry, cherry, and Coca Cola flavored ICEE.

Two guys who looked about the same age as Courtney were smirking at Courtney in the distance, whispering to each other and raising their eyebrows. Duncan turned around and saw them, then got mad. He gestured a fist to their face. The guys stopped, rolled their eyes, and walked away.

As Courtney finished filling her ICEE and turned around toward Duncan. "Ok, let's go," she stated. Duncan held her hand and they walked down the hallway toward the movie theaters. Courtney grabbed the ticket out of her pocket. "Theater 6."

They searched for theater 6 and finally found it. They walked in and heard a trailer rolling on the screen. "Wow, no one's here," Courtney said. Duncan smirked, even though Courtney couldn't see it because the theater was dark.

"That's good, right? Whole theater to ourselves. No one can see us, so it doesn't matter what we do in here," Duncan winked. Courtney rolled her eyes.