Project Partners (Part 2)

"Of course you don't know what to do," Courtney said, rolling her eyes.

"Can you explain it again," Duncan pleased.

"No thanks," Courtney said, closing her eyes and smiling. Then returning back to her resting face. Duncan sighed.

"Courtney, come on. I'll actually help with the project, just tell me what we're supposed to do."

"How about pay attention to the teacher next time? Oh wait, you never do anyways."

"Look, can we just start the project?" Duncan sighs. Courtney glares at him.

"Build a good box from a tissue box that will hold en egg from cracking. Make sure it has good cushion so the egg won't break. Rules for building on the paper. For example, no building under the tissue box, no items that were made specifically for cushion, no balloons," Courtney states. Duncan nods.

"Ok," he replies. He reads the paper. Then he looks over at her paper. "Your partner name still says Gwen. You forgot to change it to 'daddy'," he laughs.

Courtney's eyes narrowed. "You're so immature," she murmurs. She erases Gwen's name and pauses for a second. "What's your name again?" she lies.

Duncan's eyes lower. "You know my name," he says.

"No," Courtney coughed. "I don't."

He snatches the paper from her, writing 'Daddy' on the line. Courtney crosses her arms. "Fixed," he said, smirking.

Courtney puts her head on her arm. "Why am I stuck with this boy as my partner..." she groans.

"I'm the best partner anyone could have," he replied, winking.

"That's a lie," Courtney laughs. "Anyways, how should we do our project? I think we should start with filling the box with cotton."

Duncan nods. "Seems good," he agreed. "We should also put bubble wrap," he thought. "Maybe we should also put the egg in some kind of case."

"Wow, those are some good ideas," Courtney claimed. She would've never thought Duncan would be a little smart.

"You thought I was dumb, didn't you?" Duncan pondered, laughing. Courtney rolled her eyes.

They both thought of ideas and wrote them down. They were working pretty good together.

"Alright, so who's gonna bring what," Courtney asked. They split the items on the list and agreed.

It was the end of class, and the bell rang. They all left.

Courtney pulled out her phone and texted Gwen.

Hey Gwen! Feeling better?

I'm still sick, but I went home. I'm laying in bed right now. How's the physics project? What do we need to do?

Well, Mrs. Greene said you don't need to do the project. And she told me I had to find another partner. Guess who I had to be with.

Duncan?

Yep.

Omg! That's crazy hahah. How are you putting up with him?

Well, tbh he actually had some good ideas for the project. I thought he was completely dumb. He was annoying and childish, but had good ideas.

That's good. But also bad for the 'annoying' part.

Courtney turned off her phone and walked to her next class. Duncan turned and told her, "It was nice being partners with you, princess." She rolled her eyes and walked away.