Project Partners (Part 3)

Courtney and Duncan go into the dining room and use the dining table to set their project box on. They dump out their supplies and start getting to work.

"We don't have much to finish, so it shouldn't take us long," Courtney said. Duncan looked up at him. He didn't listen to her, he just paid attention to how beautiful she was.

He finished putting together the box, and securing the cage for the egg.

After about thirty minutes, they finally put the finishing touch on the box. "I think we're done," Duncan stated. Courtney nodded.

"Want something to snack on?" Duncan asked.

"Uh, sure," Courtney said. Duncan led her into the kitchen and opened the cabinet.

"We have chips, goldfish, popcorn, cheese balls..." Duncan started naming.

"Goldfish please," she said. He handed her a little pouch of Goldfish and she opened it to start eating it. "Thanks."

Duncan grabbed a Sprite out of the fridge and started sipping on it.

After Courtney finished it, she threw it away. "I guess I should get going home now," Courtney said, grabbing her things. "Hey, thanks for finishing the project with me."

Duncan stopper her. "Wait, Courtney. Want to stay for a little bit and just chill or something?" he asked. Courtney turned around.

"No thanks, sorry," she said. Duncan grabbed her arm and smiled.

"That's not an answer," Duncan told her. "Let's play something on my Playstation."

"Oh my god, Duncan. No," she whined, rolling her eyes. But he had already brought her in the living room. He turned on the Playstation and handed her a controller. Duncan sat down on the cloth beige couch.

"Sit," he suggested. She sat down slowly. "What game you wanna play?" he asked, scrolling through a list of games that look like it went on forever.

"Seriously, how many games do you have?" Courtney said, crossing her arms.

"A lot," Duncan replied. "I get a lot of them as gifts."

He keeps scrolling. "This one's one of my favorites. It's pretty easy, wanna play it?" he asked.

"Sure," she decided to say. He clicked it and it loaded in. Music started to play. He clicked the big 'play' button. "This is how you play." He showed her the controls and how to do it. She nodded.

The game started, and they started killing zombies. "Watch out!" Duncan exclaimed. Courtney clicked and moved her controller around.

Game over! The game said. "It's alright, let's retry," Duncan stated. They played again, but did way better than the first time. "You're getting good," he said.

Courtney was concentrated and was competitive. "Ugh!" she yelled, killing a million zombies. Duncan's eyes widened, looking at Courtney for a second.

"You learn easy," he added, looking back at the screen. They had won the round.

After a few more rounds they were onto the boss round. They were in full focus mode and kept trying to kill the boss. He scooted closer to Courtney, still concentrated. "Uh oh!" he said. Courtney looked over at Duncan for a second, realizing he got closer to her.

"Oh no! He lost killed me!" Courtney laughed, while still focused. He laughed. They almost killed the boss.

After a few more hits, they finally kill it. "Yes!" Courtney yelled, standing up with her arms up. She sat back down.

"Was the game fun?" he asked, smiling. "Looks like you enjoyed it."

Courtney rolled her eyes. "Yeah, it was fun," she replied. He laid his hand on top of hers. She looked down, then looked at him.

"I just want to say... That you look beautiful," Duncan said, looking down. Courtney's eyes widened.

"Thanks," she said quietly.

"You're a really nice person. I'm not usually a person with words, but I just wanted to say that. And just from tonight, you're a fun person to be around," he told her. She raised one eyebrow, bringing out a smile.

"Thanks I guess. You seem nice too," she said. He smiled at her.

"To be honest... You are the most beautiful girl I've seen," he whispered. 'I just didn't know how to come up to you and say it. Every time I tried to talk to you, you always ignored me. Or turn me down. I'm a person who talks to everyone and they usually talk with me too. But you're the only one I could never hold a conversation with," he scratched the back of his head. "The day we walked in to physics on the first day of school, when I saw you, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. You were the prettiest one. I didn't know how to talk to you. I tried everything. But now here I am, doing a physics project with you. Now enjoying a game on my Playstation," he laughed. "I finally get to hold a conversation with you. This is very sudden, I know, but I just had to tell you that because I never was able to say it any other day."

Courtney looked up at him. "Wow," she said, feeling a little bad. He looked at her in her beautiful brown eyes. "Sorry I didn't notice that, I thought you were just annoying."

She looked up at him. He laughed a little. "You thought wrong," he said, smiling at her. He moved closer to her. They looked into each other's eyes, her eyes were slightly wider than usual from being shocked.

They kissed. "You're so beautiful," he said again. She pushed her hair behind her ear and smiled. They leaned in for another kiss. They didn't let go this time and they started making out on the couch. He's a good kisser, she thought.

Are you still there? the TV said.

After ten minutes, they finished. He smirked at her. Courtney snapped out of it. "Sorry about that," she mumbled. Duncan shook his head.

"Why sorry, Princess? It was good," he said. She blushed a little, but grabbed her project stuff and starting going for the door.

"I gotta go home now," she said. "Bye, Duncan!"

"Wait!" he said, standing up. "You wanna go out sometime?"

Courtney's eyes widened. She couldn't believe she was saying this, but, "Sure!" she smiled. Duncan smirked.

"Alright, I'll text you then?" he said. She nodded, and left. She got in the car and drove off, thinking of what a day it was. She went from hating him to the bottom of her heart to giving him a second chance.

She went home, thinking about it the rest of the day. "I'm home, mom," she said, unpacking her stuff.

Maybe Duncan wasn't the most annoying person in the world anymore.