Five

It had been a while since [Name] and Taehyung had started dating. Their relationship was a strange one, and as they spent more time together, for [Name], it became even stranger each time. In saying so, it was also new. Taehyung always brought some sort of freshness to their relationship which prevented things from getting boring. Lately, Taehyung had began to surprise [Name] with small presents.

A few days ago, after a particularly difficult assessment, [Name] walked out of her class with a grudging headache. The night of her test, she had not gotten much sleep because despite all the studying she had done, [Name] still felt nervous about sitting the assessment. After finishing it, she felt downright awful. When she left her class, she was surprised to find Taehyung standing in the hallway, and waiting for her. Of course, as he was waiting for her, a lot of onlookers were staring at him in awe. But Taehyung paid no attention to them, because in his eyes, there was only [Name] and everything else was insignificant.

While initially, [Name] felt insecure and jealous because she was dating someone way out of her league, she had come to realize that others will always have eyes for Taehyung, but he only liked her. He was extremely loyal which made her feel very loved, and she really appreciated that. She almost gasped in excitement when she saw that he was holding her favourite ice cream flavour in a cup for her.

Her eyes were wide, and her mouth was beginning to water, especially because the cold ice cream would be the perfect cure for her painful headache. She approached him like a child who was going to play with an intriguing toy--shyness and obvious desire was written on her face.

Taehyung grinned as [Name] walked towards him. Her eyes were solely focused on the ice cream that he held.

"I wanted to treat you for being good, and for your hard work," He said, staring down at her, as [Name] looked at him in a way a starved animal stared at food. The somewhat predatory gaze made shivers run down Taehyung's spine, and she looked so good.

"Please marry me," [Name] said mindlessly, as she grabbed the ice cream out of Taehyung's hands, and began to eat it. [Name] uttered those words in a jokingly manner to say 'thank you.' However, Taehyung took those words literally, and he was left gaping in shock at [Name]'s bold preposition.

Taehyung grinned a cheshire smile as he lovingly wiped a stain of ice cream from the corner of [Name]'s lips with his thumb. Then, he brought his thumb up to his lips, and licked it. Normally, she would have reacted by yelping loudly, and moving away from Taehyung with red cheeks. However, she was so sleep deprived that she was nonchalant about his actions, and his response.

"Okay," Taehyung answered simply, as [Name] blinked, and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

The next day, [Name] had received a frantic text from Taehyung in which he asked her to meet up with him as soon as possible. It was worded in a way that made it seem like it was an emergency, and the [h/c] female ended up ditching an extremely important lecture in order to get to him.

By the time she found Taehyung, she was breathing heavily, and her hair was a mess from all the running that she had done.

"You look awful," Taehyung had remarked casually, as [Name] was leaning against her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

Her eyebrow twitched in agitation. She looked up, and glared at Taehyung.

"Thanks, that's just what every girl wants to hear from her boyfriend," [Name] said sassily, as she stood up to her height. She looked around, before she examined Taehyung up and down as if she was expecting him to be physically hurt in some way. She frowned because she felt muddled.