Chapter 8

William's Pov:
As I dashed from hall to hall, Paige was teleporting everywhere to keep up. She would teleport ahead, run across walls, then poof! Then there she would be right beside me, then teleport again! She was very agile, her abilities were, not human, however. I know I have super speed, but even with her teleportation powers, she can run fast.
"Race you there!" She called as she teleported about five feet away.
"We need to get the queen to safety!" I shouted as I sped up faster and faster, "No time for horse playing!"
"Oh, well in that case, let's just take those stairs," Paige pointed to a staircase to her left. It seemed lengthy.
"I can just teleport up there actually," she pointed out.
"Why didn't you do that in the first place?" I started to get upset, but I soon calmed down, "We need to get there as soon as possible," I looked out a window, which gave me an idea.
"You sure?" Paige said as she busted out the stained glass window.
I jumped on the windowsill and told her, "Teleport to the throne room, Queen Mirania is likely to be there."
"You got it... Will," Paige said jokingly. With a cloud of smoke, she was gone.
Now for my plan.
I climbed outside the window, smoke and fire were everywhere. I could see Calista in the distance, helping people evacuate. Where was I? Oh right, the queen. Queen Mirania is rumored to be the most beautiful girl in the kingdom. She is very young, and my older sister, who was part of the royal guard, always said she treated everyone very nicely. But ever since her King's untimely death, she has been closed off from society, working behind the scenes. She is holding her own I believe, but she can't do two jobs at once, especially when they are so important.
I start to go down, my legs dangling thousands of feet in the air, I get my traction, and start sprinting. With my super speed, I can scale walls very quickly. The journey is very short, I make it to another window within seconds. I bust the window, crawl in, and I almost fall to my death. I am above the throne room! The fall wouldn't have killed me, but the shadows with their weapons and dark voids would have taken their tole.
Instead of jumping. I use my balance to steady myself on the beams of the ceiling. One question: Where's Queen Mirania?
"Help!"
It was Paige's voice. I drop down, not thinking anymore, only about my friend and the queen. I take my two dual swords (something Paige and I have in common) and with my speed I slash away a path to get through, but for some reason, they're not fighting back. It's like they are hypnotized or something. All of a sudden, the shadows disappear.
I go to Paige, "Where's the queen?" I asked.
"In her room. Safe."
She walked weirdly, as if she wasn't Paige.
"Hey are you...?" I start to ask.
All of a sudden, she was normal again.
"Yes I'm fine, why? The queen! Is she safe?"
I was very confused now, "Uhh, yeah, she's in her room," I tell her.
BOOM!
The castle shook and ceilings cracked. Something happened, I can feel it...