Chapter 17

Christian's Pov:
The following morning was hectic. Calista and I were running around like crazy, training new knights and signing documents. We finally got a break, so I decided to talk to her.
"Calista, Will is upset about Paige," I started.
"They are in love but she can't be with him Christian," Calista stared at me with teary eyes. She was clearly worried about her sister.
"Why not? I think they would be cute together," I protested.
"She's betrothed."
"To whom?"
"Sir Asher, one of the greatest knights in Sorelia."
"Well, I think that's stupid. I've met him before, all he has is a title. There is nothing honorable about that name." I snorted.
"He may be a slight rude, but he truly loves Paige. However, Will has kind of ruined that chance..." She whispered.
"Don't blame Will for this. He doesn't even know. Asher has been very rude to him. Almost to the point of dueling."
"Oh no, Asher would surely make quick work of him!"
"No, I doubt that. Asher doesn't have super speed like Will, can't make lightning, can't strike as fast as Will."
Calista stared at me again, "Yes but he has beaten an elite before. The Queen hasn't promoted him because of his arrogance, but he has the skill to beat him, Christian. He would kill for Paige. I have seen them around each other. Sir Asher has it in for Will, we can't let him do this."
"Don't worry," I kissed her, "I have a plan."
We discussed what would happen if Will and Asher were to fight. We would stay at a fair distance, and if Will were to get hurt, Calista and I would intervene. Asher somehow needed to be out of the picture so Paige and Will could be together, but we decided to leave that part alone, I don't want anything happening to either one of them.
"Oh, and another thing," Calista added.
"What would that be?" I asked.
"Paige is getting married, in three weeks time," she shyly whispered.
"Ohh that's just great. Okay how about this..." I went into further detail. I could get into Asher's good books and tell him about Will right before the wedding. Calista will keep Paige distracted while I am doing this and Paige is getting ready for her wedding. Paige will write Will a letter or so Calista has told me, and that will get to Will fairly quickly. Will reads the letter and expresses his joy by me telling him to go tell his other knight friends. I will get Asher to overhear this, which will cause them to talk about this. I will remind Asher to keep his calm, and maybe we can get Asher to call off the wedding. I hope it works...
After we discussed the plan a couple more times, Calista and I decided to go to my dorm and lay down for a nap. Making a plan so your friends can be happy and doing general work all in the same day can be very tiring. Paige was off doing some volunteer work, while Will was off at the orphanage again. Finally, Calista and I could just not worry about anything anymore today. That is, until the guards knocked on our door.
"Who is it?" I opened the door, realizing suddenly I had no shirt, so I quickly slipped a t-shirt on, half embarrassed.
"The Queen has summoned you and your friends General Christian. If you don't mind me asking, where is Calista?" The guard inquired.
"Oh, I can get her," I shut the door on his face, which was rude, but I didn't care. Calista was fixing her hair again, and I pulled her away from the vanity, picking her up and playfully dropping her on my bed.
"Hey!" Calista shouted, "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud but gosh give me a warning next time!"
"Sorry," I said.
She slipped the shirt off that I had just put on, and started kissing me. I kissed her back, but then I pulled away.
"Come on, the Queen wants to see us."
"Again? I just want to crawl up and lay down with you all day." Calista flopped down on the bed again.
I put my shirt back on and grabbed a coat, "As nice as that sounds, we can do that later. You don't want them knocking the door down."
"I guess you're right," she sighed as she straightened her hair and kissed me again, "But you owe me."
"Haha, okay, whatever you want," I smiled. I couldn't help but stop and think: What did the Queen summon us for?