Chapter 10

Christian's Pov:
Rebuilding didn't take long, about two weeks. I had a fun time, being a major success in the rebuilding. Using telekinesis, I could lift hundreds of boulders and blocks, while Calista shaped them into size and used her powers to lift them up and repair the walls. Paige teleported trapped civilians to safety, there was a lot of destruction. William sped around and around, making tornadoes that swirled the leftover debris high into the sky, then reducing the debris to fragments using his lightning-fast strikes of his swords. Soon, the kingdom had regained her composure, and the people were happy.
"Christian, the Queen would like to speak with you and your friends," a maid told me.
"Very well, thank you," I dismissed the maid.
I gathered my friends, Calista's fingers lacing with mine. My gosh was she a beautiful girl, and we were going to see the Kingdom's jewel, the queen herself! As we walk down the halls, more guards form around us. I felt uneasy, these guards were different. However, the monarch's symbol was upon their chest, which means that they were part of the elite guard, the queen's most trusted knights. It's possibly my nerves.
We were dressed in the most vibrant of silks. I was dressed in long, white robes, the fur lining of my coat dragging the ground. Calista was dressed in her favorite color, purple. Her dress was as elegant as she was, her hazel eyes shining in the candle lights lined against the walls. Paige was dressed in a slightly smaller dress, her straight, strawberry blonde hair put back neatly, gently bouncing. Will was dressed probably the most exotic, his brown shoulder length hair waving back and forth, a smile that brightened his already vibrant, green eyes. His coat had the most exotic fur, his boots clinking as he walked.
As we entered the throne room, the greeting was not what we expected.
As the guards around us unsheathed their swords, withdrew their spears and turned on us, a woman of pure magnificence appeared from behind her throne.
It was indeed, Queen Mirania.