Chapter 11

Christian's Pov:
"Easy boys," Queen Mirania said, "These people are... friends. Part of the royal court."
The guards had sheathed their weapons, then stood on either side of Queen Mirania.
"I'm so happy you all came to see me..." she says. Something is off about her, a disturbing aura is reflecting off her. She wears her tiara with pride, the gold and jewels complimenting her long, brown hair. She wears a dress of blue and red, with a golden silk robe over her shoulders. She takes a seat on the throne, her green eyes glinting maliciously.
"Your highness," I say, bowing in her direction. Everyone else did the same, "To what do we owe this honor?"
"Well Christian," she says, "I'd like to discuss you and your friend's position as members of the royal court. I'd like to... promote you all."
"Really?" William asked, "Your excellency, if you don't mind my asking, what exactly for?"
"Oh young William," Queen Mirania got to her feet, grabbed a jewel-studded rapier, and told us to get on one knee, "Why, you all were so excellent in battle, I decided to grant you all the title of General."
So she had us swear loyalty to her and the Kingdom, and made us generals of the queens army.
"Now, I have some... gifts, for you four," Queen Mirania puts the rapier down, and with her hands, she weaves a thread. The monarch's power is beyond compare, no one else except royal blood can match it. The thread weaves into what would appear to be the frames of weapons, and in an instant, different weapons materialize out of the thread. The weapons dance around her head, and she speaks to Will, "William, you can run as fast as lightning. Here I give you the two lightning swords to replace your daggers, so that you can control the winds and sky. I also give you the power of flight. No wings required!" Queen Mirania hands him the two swords, and then with her hands again, she weaves multiple threads, but wraps them around William. I assume she's giving him his new powers. The thread forms a veil of light around him, then the thread blows away, revealing Will. His clothes had changed. His vibrant coat now a silky golden robe, his hair was the same, except streaks of blonde were found in his wavy locks; His shirt was grey, streaked with gold, his pants were grey too. Believe me, it looks cooler than it sounds. Wind and small fragments of yellow light elegantly float around him. A new feature I guess.
"And now you Paige," Queen Mirania was awfully nice, maybe I was just overthinking it, "You are a kind, funny soul, but sturdy and hold your own. With my powers, I give you not a sword, but a bow, made of the sturdiest material. I also give you the power of starlight. With it, you can harness the energy of the stars to bend to your will, filling you with immense power." She takes a bow and quiver, takes the quiver and wraps it around her back, and places the bow in her hand, "Use your starlight to form your arrows," she told her. Then again with the thread, Paige transforms as well. Her hair is now a beautiful and wavy dark red, with a single strand of green curl intertwining with her red. Her dress was long not puffy, with a beautiful green color, diamonds, rubies, and sapphires are studded at the bottom, to resemble the stars, as starlight glimmers around her body.
"Calista and Christian," Mirania starts, "When you two walked in, your hands were intertwined, could this mean..."
"Yes my queen, Calista and I are together," I spoke up.
"How marvelous!" Queen Mirania sounded so excited, "You must be married! Tomorrow!"
"Forgive me your highness," Calista said, "We do love each other, but such a big step is not ready to be taken."
"Oh, very well," Queen Mirania still smiled, "For this turn of events, I give to you two, a small gift of love. For you Calista, I give you a rare longsword, its name is the Guardian Sabre. With it, protect those whom you love. I give you the power of the moon, so that you can be a beacon to those who get lost in the darkness. The moon causes the fall and rise of the tides, so the power of water and invisibility is granted to you as well."
Calista transformed as well. Her hair is now whiter than the snow, with the darkest purple highlights. Her dress is white, studded with amethysts and sapphires, with a black silk robe hung over her shoulders and glimmers of light form around her as Queen Mirania handed her the Guardian Sabre.
"Christian," she turns to me, "Your gift is very special. As an angel you were, you had a job. Protecting those that God loved. Now that you are half human, half angel, I have to ask you, where are your priorities?"
"Protecting those whom I love, and fighting for my kingdom, but I do it to glorify God," was my answer.
"Very well," she continued, "With my power I give you a sword and dagger. Use them both, for the sword goes by Solaris, the dagger, Polaris. Without the sun, the moon cannot shine, so I give you the power of the sun. Many associate sun with fire, but because you are so warm and brave, the power of light is given to you as well."
My transformation came next. My wings flew out, and my robes were of silver and blue fabric. My shirt and pants were white, the silver and blue robes complimenting them. I had taken Solaris and Polaris, Solaris had the mark of the sun, Polaris, the moon.
Mirania closed with this, "Without the other, balance is lost. Because the moon and sun are opposites I give you these powers. The sun and moon have a beautiful chemistry, as do you. Please, use your powers well..." Queen Mirania seemed uneasy again. Her head flew back, then it shot straight up, her green eyes glowing again. It was very terrifying.
"Get these people out of my throne room, now!" She ordered. The guards had taken us by our arms and escorted us away. The dark presence was back again.
"Something wasn't right," I told the others, "She went all demon and then here we are."
"Mood swings?" Will chuckled, "No matter, lets enjoy our new powers!"
"Oh okay!" I laughed as I flew down to the great hall. I tried to hide the fact that I felt weird. After we had our fun, Paige and William decided to go eat or something. I was in the courtyard with Calista.
"It's beautiful out here," Calista sighed.
"Not as beautiful as you," I told her, "Come on, it's getting late."
We went to my chamber, I was putting my weapons up, when she came up behind me. I turned around, and she kissed me. I kissed her back, hugging her tightly. I don't remember the rest, all I could remember was her cuddling up beside me looking out the window at the stars...