12 living planet 12

NO, Kihn is not a love interest. (You’ll see what I’m talking about.)

"We'll be arriving at the Balmera soon,” Allura announced. “Liberating these Balmerans from Zarkon's grasp will not be easy."

"So, what's the plan?” Lance asked. “We go in there and just—Pow, pow, pow!—And free the prisoners?" Keith raised an eyebrow.

"What was that noise?"

"Laser guns," Lance grinned. Hunk looked displeased.

"No, Lance, I think you mean—" the Samoan got down on one knee, arms swiveling as he imitated an ion cannon, sound effects and all.

"That sounds like fireworks," Lance protested.

"Technically, they're more like—ba-choo, ba-choo, ba-choo!" Pidge disagreed,  making her hands into a small “gun” and firing around the room.

"Okay, enough with the bad sound effects!” Sage chided.

“Thank you, Sage,” Shiro agreed. “Besides, it's more like— blam, blam, blam!" he said, “firing” around the room. It was at this moment that Sage realized her brother truly was a six-year-old.

"What?" Keith said disbelievingly.

"You're crazy," Pidge said, shaking her head.

"No way," Lance protested.

"Nuh—Wrong," Hunk said.

"Paladins, focus," Allura cut in.

"Besides, we can't just shoot at the Galra,” Hunk informed. “This Balmera, it's, like, alive. And from what we've seen, it doesn't look very good."

"Yes, it's an atrocity what the Galra have been doing to this grand beast,” Coran said sadly. “Stealing its Crystals, its very life force, without ever performing the energy rejuvenation ceremonies to heal it."

“Rejuvenation ceremonies?” Sage asked, curious. Unfortunately, her query was ignored.

"After seeing Shay's people enslaved, it made me realize how bad Zarkon really is,” Hunk said solemnly. “And we're the only ones who can stop him."

"What if we draw the Galra up to the surface and then take them out?" Sage offered.

"Wait, I know!” Hunk began, building off of the idea. “If we attack all of this big mining stuff on the surface, the Galra troops will have to come out to defend it. Then we beat them up, head down to the tunnels, Voltron saves the day."

"But how will we know how many are left down in the tunnels?" Shiro asked.

"We can track the Galra and the Balmerans using Biothermal Life Indicator Point Technology," Allura explained, bringing up a hologram of a drone.

"Oh, BLIP tech!" Pidge exclaimed. Allura stared at Pidge, bewildered.

“It’s an acronym,” Sage explained. The princess shook off her confusion.

"One of you will need to fly around the Balmera and drop sensors into the shafts on each side," Allura explained as the hologram before her mimicked her words. "Then we'll be able to see where the Galra and the Balmerans are. There are already sensors built into your suits."

"I can do it,” Pidge confirmed. “I just modified the Green Lion with the invisible maze's cloaking ability. I should be able to fly around unnoticed." Sage silently held her hand up for a high-five. This nerd was impressive.

"That's their main power generator,” Coran said, indicating the structure on the picture of the Balmera. “If you take that down, it will severely weaken their defenses."