Chapter 8

I woke up earlier than i used to maybe bcz it was a new place. A yawn escaped, and I saw him sleeping peacefully. I woke up and went to do my chores. I got dressed in a simple chudi and filled my forehead with sin door. And went downstairs. As I entered I saw my mother in law making tea. I greeted her and helped her. "how did you sleep child, I know it must have been hard for you to adjust to a new place. And don't worry I have raised my son well."She said the last sentence with a wink. Heat crept to my ears and cheeks. As I knew what she was talking about.

She gave me his coffee and told to give it to him." amma, all these years you have been doing, just because he is married, doesn't mean you should stop it. Don't make new changes just bcz I'm here" I mean come on I know how it would feel if for her. I would never be a typical bahu.

"dear, its not like that, I have been doing all these chores since the time he was born. Its time for his wife to do it
You know I'm getting old and tired, and Pravin likes bed tea so better keep going, otherwise he ll start throwing tantrums" she added with a chuckle

" haha..ok" and I took the cup and went towards the room, as I was climbing the stairs I could hear him scream "amma tea! Amma tea!"  I couldn't control my laugh. What a baby. As I went in the room. I saw him still lying on the bed with his eyes closed. He looked so adorable.

Diya what's wrong with you. You don't call anyone adorable.

I tapped him lightly and offered the tea." good morning" he groggily sat up. He blinked twice and looked at me and grinned. I couldn't help back I smiled too.

"Hey I thought it was mom"  and then looked at me from top to bottom. Heat crept to cheeks. I couldn't help, I looked down.

"you know this color suits you. You should wear blue more often."

I smiled and told "we have to attend a pooja amma told you to get ready" and started to walk.

I heard him sigh and mutter "only that? No morning kisses"
I turned around and told him "BTW thanks for the compliment and I heard you, you know my anwser don't you"
He put a fake expression of being sad and chuckled.

My sister in law was also wake and father in law was quickly reading some newspapers. We started preparing for the pooja.

I ddnt know how I got along with these people so quickly. Only two days back I was planning ways  to murder  pravin and now I was smiling for all those words he says to me. And i find him cute.. What?! I don't know what has happened to me. But I should start accepting this soon.

Never in my I have spent so much time with a male or let alone interacted with one. Apart from my father.

I was always the loner. I preferred the company of books and silence than people. Maybe that's how I learned to adapt myself being the only child. Even at college. I had few friends but I wasn't that close to them. Only my cousin was close to me. We grew up together so that explains it. I was a girl who was never noticed by anyone. So that explains my weird reactions to pravin.

Hey guys I hope this chapter was not boring. I'll try to make it better. Please keep giving me your feedback. Love you all