Chapter 9

No point in sulking over something that can not be undone. It's better I start accepting the reality. I'm going to  give this marraige a chance. Praveen is a good guy and deserves better. But I can't adjust quickly to everything. I need time. Hope he understands.

2 weeks passed. We both started our work. And we got busy. The only time we interacted was at night. He would say how he spent his day and I would listen and reply. I would say I got quite used to him now.

' diya!' 'yeah tell me praveen' 'do you have any plans for this weekend?'  umm no.. ' I trailed off.. I wanted to visit my parents. I missed them. As I opened my mouth to speak. He cut me off by saying.' why don't we visit your parents, for lunch and they go for a movie at night.' how did this guy know what was on my mind. I couldn't help but smiling. And is he taking me out for a movie...

' I think that's a good idea, I miss my parents and I wanted to tell you but.. '
' oh come on diya, you can tell me don't be so formal'

I was looking forward to the weekend, was it because of meeting my parents or that movie date. I ddnt know. Am I that eager to spend time with him alone. Haha..

Anyways I wanted to make a move. So one day I spoke to him. 'umm praveen.. I think I'm ready to give this marraige a chance, like shall we be friends..?' I said all that in one go and offered my hand.

He chuckled lightly. And took my hand. His mere touch itself gave me goosebumps. ' sure.. But diya are you OKai.. I mean a few days back you were mad at me but.. '

I smiled.' I know I can be hard at times but that does not mean I'll be like that forever. You are my parents choice.. I know for a fact that my parents chose the best for me. You don't seem to be a bad guy either'

' me.. Bad.' he put a fake hurt face and softly punched my shoulder. And then we both started laughing at our tactics.

The weekend arrived and we went to my parents. My father and praveen got along really well. Like father and a son. Or more like two long lost friends. I was helping my mother while admiring the both of them.

'diya..' my mom spoke. 'i know we literally forced you but.. Are you happy?' she couldn't make any eye contact with me. She was feeling guilty.
'amma..  I was stupid and childish, but my honest answer is I'm happy, very much happy. Praveen is a nice man. He understood me and gave me time to adjust. He and his family are like my own. They love me very much. I know  you and pa do the best for me. So don't worry about me anymore.. '

After lunch we spoke about all random things, and then we said good bye. And we went to the theatre. It was my favorite hero's movie. I was excited and shouting like a mad woman. Throughout the movie I was screaming and clapping and admiring the hero. I could feel an amused praveen smirking at me.

'I hope you admire me like you are admiring him' he whispered to my ear. I got goosebumps. And I told him in a playful way. 'you should earn it' ' what? I'm not gonna get six packs, I hate working out and I'm not gonna diet and all' he scrunched his face. I laughed at his antics. ' wow you are one different guy, but sorry then diya is out of ur reach'

I don't know what got to me that I spoke to him like I talk to my cousin. I was very very comfortable with him. More than I should be...

We were going back home. It was already very late. 'thank u for today, it was a great day. I enjoyed it very much. I felt like a child today'

'oh no formalities diya, I would take you out everyday if u smile and talk to me like this' he said with a wink. And I would appreciate a kiss' I blushed profusely. And hit his hand playfully.

With how my life was going.. I forgot about my unanswered questions to praveen.. It was 6 months after our marriage. And in this six months I noticed how praveen managed to melt my heart.

He would always caress my head when I'm asleep. Once I caught him doing it, but acted as if I was asleep. Then I realised he did it everyday. He would always kiss my forehead.

I realised how much I like him.  The way he took care of me, he would always check up on my parents, take me out and do all the things I like.
Never had he tried any kind of intimacy. That's what I like him most. He was very decent and he gave me my space. I was thankful. He would always flirt and tease me but never had he tried something that would make me uncomfortable.

Nowadays I miss him too much. I would eagerly wait until he comes. I would stalk all his social media accounts and look at his photos. Secretly I changed my home screen pic as his. I don't know what has got to me. Maybe I had crush on him. I always wanted to hear his compliment so I take care of my looks more. He always tells me I look good with eye liner. Now I started putting eye liner, only to get noticed by me. The girl who hated make up was now dressing up to impress her husband.
I was like a stupid teenage trying to get his attention. But nevertheless he always gave me attention. And surprisingly I liked it.

It was on a Saturday when all of us were at home. Praveen 's auntie visited. I realised that she never liked me, cz she always wanted her daughter to marry praveen. I was a bit jealous, when ever the girl was around. It seemed like she was a bit clingy always hanging on to praveen.

'preeta, how long is it since diya and praveen married,' that wicked aunty asked. ' about 10 months sister' my mother in law answered.

So why is she alsing such weird questions? What is she upto??