Yoshiko's POV

Yoshiko’s POV:

It had been a few days since the incident. I hadn’t seen Dia since. I guess she’s finally staying in the afterlife. That’s good. She shouldn’t be here.

I miss Ruby a lot. I want her back, but I can’t do anything about it. Nothing will bring her back. She’s gone. I’ll have to wait quite some time before I can see her again.

Everything else had gone back to normal. There was a very noticeable gap now that both of the sisters are gone. It feels wrong without them here.

I started spending a lot more time with Zuramaru. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s kind of like a temporary fix for the gap. It still hurts to not have Ruby here, but when I’m with Zuramaru, sometimes I can forget about it for a little.

At the moment, I was in my room. I had nothing to do. I didn’t want to do any of my school work. I just wanted to sleep, but I was having a tough time doing so. I hate when this happens. I sighed and got off of my bed. I guess I should do something else then.

I went downstairs to the living room. Maybe I can watch some TV? I doubt anything good is on. I turned on the TV and started flipping through the channels. I ended up on a cartoon channel. It’s not like I’m really going to be watching it. I just want some noise.

I leaned back against the couch and closed my eyes. After a few minutes, I heard strange sounds. It sounded like tapping. And, I swear I can hear voices too. I opened my eyes and looked around. I couldn’t see anything. I heard giggling.

I sat up. What’s going on? Is someone here? That’s not possible. No one should be here but me. So, what am I hearing then? There’s an explanation for it. I just haven’t figured it out yet. I’m not going crazy. I can’t be.

I feel like the voices seem to be coming from the kitchen. Maybe I should go look in there? I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen. I looked around, but saw nothing at all. Where are the voices coming from then? They have to be from somewhere. They couldn’t have just appeared out of nowhere.

As I turned to leave, something happened.

“Boo!”

I yelped and jumped. Suddenly, I could see Ruby. She was smiling at me as she laughed. What. The. Hell. What’s going on?

“Did I scare you?” Ruby asked.

I stared at her. Is she really here right now? I’m not just seeing things, right? Ruby is right here. I couldn’t seem to find my voice. I couldn’t say anything. All I could do was stare at her.

“Um… did I scare you too much?” Ruby asked as she looked me over, “I just wanted to have some fun. I’ve missed you.”

“How’re you here?” I finally got my voice back.

“Dia showed me how to come here.” Ruby announced.

“Is she here with you?” I asked.

Ruby shook her head, “No. She’s not.”

“Why’d you have to scare me like that?” I grumbled.

“Sorry. I just thought it’d be fun to scare you.” Ruby apologized.

“Well, I didn’t find it very funny.” I crossed my arms.

“Come on!” Ruby pouted.

“Anyway… um… you’re dead…”

“Yeah. It’s hard. I miss you a lot.” Ruby sighed.

“Will you drop by occasionally or…” I was worried to find out the answer to that question.