Ch. 11

Enjoy! Sorry about the wait! 🖤

Ariana's POV:

We spent most of the day chatting with Y/n's brother, until the nurses finally kicked us out so he could get some rest.

Y/n's mom decided to stay to keep an eye on him and I had to practically beg Y/n not too. I love her, but I don't think I can stand being in this hospital another night. Especially after my grandfather passed just a few years back. Since then, I don't like being in hospitals longer than I need too, and now that her brother is safe and recovering, memories of my grandfather are starting to cloud my head.

"Okay, okay, you win. What do you want to do?" She asks.

"mmm-movie?"

"Really? We can do that anytime."

"No I mean't that we go to the theaters and watch one. We haven't done that before, plus it's somewhere I won't get recognized."

"Oh, well then sure, why not." She says.

After some more arguing, Y/n agreed to let me pay for a rental car to be delivered to the hospital, that way we wouldn't have to deal with any of the paparazzi or possible fan overload. Don't get me wrong, I love my fans with all of my heart, but I really want today to just be about me and Y/n. That's why I took the liberty of going a step further and finding a drive-in movie theater. However, the drive there was going to take us at least a good two hours. So, I had to lie to Y/n and say that the theater I want to go to is one that my Nonna used to take my mom to all the time when she was a kid. Thankfully she bought it without putting up much of a fight.

By the time we arrived, it was already getting dark outside and Y/n had fallen asleep. I could have woken her before I got our tickets, but I decided not to until I parked the car. What can I say, I didn't want to risk her getting mad at me for lying and then try to pay for the tickets, because she totally would.

Y/n's POV:

When Ariana said she wanted to go to the movies, I thought she meant to the one close by. Not to some theater two hours away from the hospital that I've never heard of! But, I couldn't help but say yes, I mean she was giving me her puppy dog face, and that shit gets me almost every time.

I don't know when, but I ended up falling asleep on the way there. I've never really fallen asleep in a car before. Probably because I'm always too stressed that something bad is going to happen. I was having a great dream, until I felt something soft touch my cheek, then my forehead, then back to my cheek, and then finally my neck. It took me a second to realize that it was Ariana kissing me.

"Y/n baby, come on wake up. We're here." She whispers, then places another kiss to my cheek.

"How long was I out?" I asked her yawning.

"Not really sure, but you looked cute" she said.

I rubbed my eyes to help myself wake up, and when I finally took in our surroundings, I gave Ariana a confused look.

"Where are we? I thought you wanted to go to some special theater?"

"We are at the theaters"

I'm even more confused.

"Oh my god Y/n, you can't tell me that you've never been to a drive-in theater?" She asks.

It takes a second for my brain to click. "Ohhhhh....yeah no I haven't. I thought these things went out of business years ago."

"Well most of them have, but luckily a few still remain." She says.

"Huh, well then what are we waiting for, let's get our tickets, and don't even try to buy them, you already paid for the car." I tell her and she starts laughing.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Well, you see, I knew you were gonna say that, so I took the liberty of waking you up, after I bought the tickets." She says and holds them up for me to see.

"Ariana Grande you little sneak."

She starts laughing even harder, and I try to keep my composure but I quickly crumble and join her.

"Okay, okay, enough, seriously, now how much were those so I can pay you back?"

"Uh yeah how about no. I'm not telling you that." She says.

"Babe, really?"

"Yup."

"I don't like you paying for everything. It makes me feel bad, like I'm using you for your money or something."

"But you're not"

"I know, I just-will you please let me pay for things once in awhile?"

"Fine, if you really feel that way then you can pay for snacks. Better?" She asks.

"Yes, now are you planning to actually kiss me or were those kisses before just to tease me?"

She shakes her head and laughs, then leans in and kisses my lips.

"Mmm that will never get old" she says.

"What won't?"

"Your lips, they're addicting" she says.

I playfully shove her and roll my eyes, making her laugh again.

"Come on, let's get some snacks, I like watching the previews."

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes, really. Now come on"

"You are one of a kind Y/n"

"Damn right I am" I say, before finally hopping out of the car.

To Be Continued...

!!PLEASE READ!!

A/n:

Let me start off by saying wow, I'm an ass for taking so damn long to update this book. But like I've had a legit crazy month. Plus, I wasn't really feeling like writing, but now that my schedule has calmed down, I'm starting to get back into it. I promise the next update for this won't take as long.

Also please please give me feedback about this book! I really want to finish it eventually, but I also want to make sure people are still enjoying it!!!

Thank you as always for reading and your patience!

Till next time 🖤