Ch. 18

Enjoy! Sorry for the wait as usual! 🖤

Ariana's POV:

I feel like I just poured all of my feelings for Y/n onto a golden platter. I love her and it's as simple as that. I wouldn't cheat on her, not in this lifetime or any other. Soon after we cleared everything up, we went downstairs to watch some tv.

"What do you want to eat babe?" Y/n asks.

"I don't know, just order takeout and get me something vegan, I don't have the energy to cook and I refuse to let your mother make us stuff."

"She really wouldn't mind, but okay" she says, then walks away to order our food.

Ding!

I pull my phone out to see a message that makes me sick.

Mickey: Wanna go out for dinner some time? I really enjoyed our kiss and I think we have great chemistry 😏😘

I set my phone down without responding just as Y/n came back. She noticed the look on my face and quickly came to my side.

"Babe what's wrong?" She asks.

"I-I got a-here, just read" I tell her, and hold my phone up for her to see what Mickey texted me.

"I'ma kill him" Y/n says, then proceeds to get up but I quickly pull her back down, shaking my head no.

"I can handle him. It just made me feel guilty all over again for what happened." I tell her.

"Are you sure? Because I wouldn't mind knocking in some of his teeth" she says.

"Yes, I'm sure and you're not going to beat him up."

"But-"

"No."

"...fine, but if he tries something then it's fair game." She says.

I roll my eyes at her child-like behavior then turn my attention back to the tv.

A few hours later after our food arrived and we ate, Y/n and I decided to cuddle back up on the couch and watch a movie. However, we both ended up falling asleep at some point. I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep until my phone vibrated in my pocket waking me up. I made sure to not wake Y/n as I moved away from her. When I opened my phone I felt sick again as Mickey had sent me another message. I completely forgot to reply to him earlier, which is probably why he sent me another.

Mickey: At least give me an answer, I know you read my previous message...

Ariana: no

Mickey: No you won't give me an answer or no to going out?

What is he a moron?

Ariana: To going out

Mickey: oh okay...

Mickey: Why?

Ariana: What do you mean why? Obviously because I don't feel the same. We only kissed because we had to for the music video, that's all. It meant nothing.

Read

After waiting a few more minutes to see if he was going to try and say something else, I finally put my phone down and leaned my head against the couch to try and calm myself down.

"Mhm" Y/n made a muffled noise that spooked me.

I open my eyes and look over at her and her face is all scrunched up and her mouth keeps opening and closing. I hear her make another sound, but I still can't make out what she was saying. I decide to quietly move off the couch and sit on the floor beside her head. I soothingly run my fingers through her hair, but her facial expression remains the same.

"Momma, n-no don't leave me" I hear Y/n mumble.

What is she dreaming about? Her mom hasn't left her?

Just then I see something shine out of the corner of my eye and when I look back at Y/n she has a tear sliding down her cheek. I instantly feel the need to comfort her, so I climb onto the couch and pull her body into mine. She slowly wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest. I do my best to rub comforting circles on her back and soon enough her breathing slows down.

My poor baby...what has you so upset?

Y/n's POV:

I wake up to find ariana fast asleep, holding me in her arms. My stomach fills with butterflies at the thought of our position. I look out a window and see that it's almost sunrise.

Damn we really fell asleep on the couch. I'm surprised no one woke us up.

I look back at Ariana and smile at how peaceful she looks. I think about how lucky I am to have her in my life, and how stupid I was for letting her go. I've had too many people come and go in my life, and I refuse to let Ariana be one of them. I really love her, more than anyone else too. I was stupid for letting the fear of my past separate us. I want to do something that will show her just how much she means to me, but I'm not sure I have the courage to actually go through with it.

To Be Continued...

A/n: sorry if this chapter ended kind of weird, but everything will be explained in the next chapter....well the majority of stuff anyway. 😉