𝐢.

ZOEY

"close your eyes!" the perfectly wrapped gift fell into her hands, taken aback she smiles, sucking her teeth. she cradles the petite box in the palms of her hand(s).

she unwraps it blindly, until a hard top with a smooth layer is profound, her thumb rubs the smooth texture, finding its fancy ribbon and pulling it.

"see you've had quite the experience."

"or im just incredibly good with my hands," she instantly regrets the sentence, stumbling. "i— forget that." she handles a disgusted groan, but pollen just chuckled softly.

"okay, open." reaching inside, a gold locket— implanted inside of it is two hands, intertwined. but she gets flashbacks. "zach," she whispered under her warm breath, until pollen quickly interrupted.

"you love it?, it's a signature signaling us and our hold hand terms, remember your first day here?" but all zoey could think of was her and zach's first moment holding hands— not hers and pollen's. and that's what she got.

"yeah," she lied, smiling at the bitter gold.

"great because i also have a two hundred dollar shopping spree gift card." she smile through her lie— the wider her smile got the faker she had acted. she exhale through her nose roughly. "c'mon, get your shoes on— im kicking you out— go invite some girlfriends, show off the bling bling." he dazzled his hands. and she can't lie, she's no dummy, pollen is mad rich, maybe— it's an exaggeration but he's wealthy enough.

as she was pushed out the house, in just one of those black silky bodysuit turtlenecks, (longed sleeve), and those baggy thrift store pants that hold tightly at the waist,  low cut converse, and of course striped knee high socks you couldn't quite see. she sighed.

she had zero girlfriends, maybe he just wanted her to have fun, but zoey wasn't getting any of that out of it.

she hopped into one of pollen's cars, pushing the engine to start.
her feet resting on the pedal as she pushed it into drive, then reverse, then drive. she turned the wheel and then she was off onto the busy roads of Lost Angeles.

it only took her thirty minutes to make it to the central mall, it wasn't called that it just was that. it was the most popular and the most enjoyable.

she stepped out of the car's parking lot, feeling like the odd one out— so many people around either carried expensive bags, wore expensive shoes, or shirts.

she sighed, and started walking forward into the outdoor mall. it wasn't long until she found herself lingering into the food section, she dove into Starbucks.
the coffee grains stung her nose, she made her way to the front.

"Hiya!, welcome to Starbucks how may i help you on this fine day?" the girl not to younger than zoey beamed with "joy", her voice had a southern accent that was thick but still bearable.

"uhm, may i order a small cold brew, light ice, and three fours pumps of sweetening." she nods momentarily, before punching it into the cash-register, giving me the total price.

"name?"

"zoey—"

"okay zoey! you're cold brew with light ice and three to fours pumps of sweetening, will be done shortly!"

zoey decided returning the smile was the only bearable thing to do.
as she replied with a short "thank you," she whirled around, her body crashing into one that didn't budge one bit.

"shit," she hitched, looking at the waist down, his shoes, brand new nike cortez's, with light brown corduroy pants rolled at the ankles, showing off the knee high white socks, his top half could've been much worst, but still the mishap wouldn't be forgettable.

he wore lavender hair, that faded with the blonde, and it was short, cut down on the sides, and messy up front. his expression didn't differ; his lips parted ready to speak but not know what to begin with.

"those are expensive ..aren't they?" she inquired, he slowly nods, the cup of half mocha was still lingering in the cup— only the chocolate part, the coffee part was on him.

his eyes quizzed hers, she awkwardly smiled back, everyone bad enough had turned their heads, couple stars and whispers.
then a high-pitched voice interrupted, squealing.
"oh my gosh!— Jack avery, could i get a picture?" she was panicky, and shaking, zoey half expected her knees to give out as she latched herself onto the guy who was covered in coffee.

his eyes fell to zoey's once more, but she had already been left in shock. her mouth was left gaping open, but she replaced it with her hand over her mouth.

he hugged the girl warmly 'goodbye', and as the troubled girl left zoey was still standing.
"your—... jack avery?"

"the one and only," he grinned, "why? you want a picture too?" his face brighten with a smile.

she could barely curl a smile, she ran to hug him tightly, he hugged back with a laugh.
"you remember.." she stated in his shoulder.

"i can't forget a person like you." he let go, looking at her, "i knew it in your eyes," he mumbled, "they way you used to look at us, that way."

"you've changed, in appearance, i hardly recognized you," she ran her hands through his hair. "i guess the curls weren't the 'go' anymore."

"i know.. damn you should see them all ..jonah and i were just going through some old pictures of us."

she smiled softly. "how's Zach?" she muttered, so it didn't seem like she was to to into it, but she was.

"still the quite boy, but he laughs— out loud. we're making it through no matter what." jack replied. "you should come over, like right now."
zoey nodded with a grin, forgetting all about the coffee she had paid for once jack invited her to the house.

"yeah, lemme just call Pollen—"

"pollen?"

she pressed the ringer against her to muffle noise on the other line as she mumbled the words, "my boyfriend."

he nods quickly and weirdly. "rich?"

"how'd you know?"

"zoey you're holding a seven hundred dollar wallet."

"you don't believe i bought this my— yeah you're right."
the line picked up. "hey pollen? mhm.. yes. yeah-huh. oh yeah i was just letting you know i wont be home until later, i found some good friends of mine in town, okay, love— no i love you more, oh stop. bye." she left the phone giggly, but deep down pollen was quite annoying.

"so .. you seem to love him, yeah?"

"yeah,"

no.

"he a nice guy?" jack dazed his eyes towards hers.

"mhm.."

sometimes.

was pollen the right decision?

N O T E ;
Them reuniting makes my heart soft😩😔.
ANYWAYS how are you all enjoying it so far?, this is only the beginning 😌.

love you babes☺️.