𝐢𝐢.

ZOEY

        "this isn't real.." i mumbled softly, my eyes averted at the house. "i guess the music industry has moved passed zach." i stated in a unlikely tone.

jack caught a glimpse of me, biting his bottom lip in despair. "well," he lets out a breath, "we make the most of it. c'mon."

jack knocked twice on the door, and a blotchy voice interrupted as the door opened. "jack i swear, get a ke—" he cut himself off, starring at me, his memory took awhile to adjust. "..z—zoey?" he asked, his eyes in confusion.

"daniel—?" i quietly chuckled. his hair was platinum, but his roots carried the brown glimmering the best it could. "you look amazing." i add breathlessly, the smile plastered on his face grew wider.

"you— you look even better.." he mumbled, he clasped onto my waist wrapping his arms around me, his face implanted into my shoulder. "i missed you so much."

"yo—! what's the fuss about?" a voice i knew could never change barged through.

daniel laughed out loud, as he revealed who he had been hugging; me.

"no fucking way—! jonah!, holy shit." corbyn walked up to me and sighed, before hugging my tightly. "im not letting go, not this time."

he was the same— just a few tattoos but his face was still the face.
    but when jonah walked out, he didn't have one curve or line that was different, and his blank expression faded with a smile, as he jogged his way towards me, once corbyn had giving me up for jonah to have his turn to hug.

"wait," i let go of jonah. "where's zach?"

footsteps echoed, and i quivered. the first time i had saw him in a year, would be like this.

he walked from the shadows, his hair was no longer styled dapperly, but in a messy mop on his head, his face no longer carried the rosy tone, but instead a tan one. his style changed drastically as-well; he wore a off brown sweatshirt, and a general shade of brown on his pants, that were rolled, showing ordinary white shocks with green strips, with a pair of perfectly laced air forces.

my mouth was left gaping open, i couldn't reply with much force.
     from my view it had seemed he had been the same way.

he waved a small wave, creasing the corners of his mouth as he smiled softly. "you remember ..zach?"

he nods and wrapped his arms around my waist;
his hug is stronger than the others, from what i've felt, as if holding me wasn't quite enough. in that moment of feeling him so close i am awake somehow, more alive than i have been in so very long.

i cup his face and whisper quietly, "i missed you most."

i hear him laugh, a laugh i haven't heard in forever.
his eyes averted to mine as he quiets down, and for a moments his lips twitch, and i want to place his on mine— but pollen lingers through my head and i let go.

i let go.

N O T E ;
Dammit zoey.

hey guys! sorry for late posting🥱 my minds been blacking out on me.
but hope you enjoy this soft stuff🥺.

ANYWAYS— see ya tmr 😩!

love you babez💜.