3-Will You Be My Girl?

Kai had somehow woven his way into my life. Every Monday and Thursday, we'd meat at the cafe and talk. Somtimes we would migrate to the park nextdoor or walk around the downtown streets. Him always wearing dark glasses and a hoodie, since it's a bot warmer now.

Me almost always ranting about something weither it be people, buildings, people, work, school or people, he listens. And I listen to him. Even if I don't really understand it.

In the evening, we would chat online, somtimes, if training or the crowds were tough, it would go late into the night and the early morning, and I would listen to him vent. We were good friends. But, sometimes, I wish we were more.

I was walking back home from school when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hey, Y/n," I smiles as I recognized Kai's voice. "A-are you busy tonight?"

"No, why?" It was Tuesday. We usually dont do anything on Tuesday. Actually, Tuesday is great because now I have an excuse not to have dinner with my step dad.

"Well, I-I was wondering if you want to go ou- uh, if you want to go with me to the amusement park tonight. " he wasn't usually this nervous. The thought made me laugh inside.

"I would love to." I state. I can practically see the smile on his face. His real smile, not his camera smile. Big and goofy and his eyes crinkle at the corners. And the thought makes me smile as well.

"G-great! That's great! I'll pick you up at six?"

"Sure, I'll see you then. Later, porcupine." I keep the phone to my ear, just for fun, and I'm rewarded with something that makes me smile bigger. A bubble of warmth grew 8n my chest.

"She said yes! Haha!" I herd Kai tell his friends on the other side of the line followed by their response of muffled Congratulations.

-_-_-_-_-Time skip-_-_-_-_-

Kai offers me his arm as I step off of his red bike. And it was a sweet ride. He took the spare helmet that he let me borrow and placed it in the small compartment on the side of the motorcycle. Allowing me to adjust my now messy h/c hair.

It was a bit chilly tonight, so I was wearing a warm f/c sweater and blue skinny jeans. My signature black and midnight blue bennie covered my ears. Kai was wearing a red tee with his red and gold hoodie and blue jeans with a simple red cap hiding his hedgehog-resembling hair. He wore alot of red.

"Where do you want to go first?"

"Definitely the rides."

"Why not the games?" He looks at me like a confused puppy.

"'Cause who's gonna watch all our prizes while we're on the rides, silly?" I reason.

He mused the idea. "Makes sense."

"Of course it does," I laugh as I grab his sleeve and pull him in the small line for the biggest ride I could find.

We sat together in the first car, decorated like a dragon. I breath out in anticipation as the staff pulls the safety bar down. Kai laughs at my giddiness.

The ride takes off up a steep incline with a hiss. We're practically on our back as we're carried up. Then pausing at the top, above all the rest of the park where the view was a-

"Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I scream when the coaster suddenly drops. I don't stop screaming during the ride. But it turns from a surprise scream to a happy yell and more of a 'weeee!' By the end.

When the cart pulled back into the station, I'm breathless and my face frozen in a smile. Kai is smiling beside me, his eyes wide and spiky hair windblown out of his face. His cheeks were red. He looks down at the safety bar where my hand was tightly attached to his.

I give a little help of surprise and let go. I must have unconsciously grab Kai's hand as we went over the first loop-de-loop.

Because Kai was scared. He was the scared one. And I was comforting him. Kai. My friend. My friend Kai. Kai who is my friend.

Right?

Right.

Kai helps me out and we stumble down the stairs. "Which one now?" He asks me. I smile at him and pull him to the next ride I can see.

We go on ride after ride, before we get food and I'm absolutely shocked that he never had poutine before. At least good poutine. The stuff at the park was terrible. "Tomorrow, I'm taking you to get real poutine. With bacon." I state as I toss the remainder of our sorry excuse of a poutine in the trash.

He laughs. "Okay, but then I'm taking you out for the best noodles in Ninjago, got it?" I nod, smiling.

We decided to play a few games after that. Not wanting to upset our stomachs with more rides. I win him a 'Kai' doll in the ring toss and make him laugh. We both pulverized the dart and water gun and hunting games. I owe my skill to archery lessons. Best in the school.

He wins me a stuffed dragon in the hammer game and a small ring in a ball toss.

He pulls me off to the side of the canopy after the man gave him his prize. Here, it's darker and a bit more quiet. Just the sound of laughter and music in the distance. He turned to me, taking hold of both my hands. What was he doing?

A coaster dropes in the distance and I listen to the screams happily. That sounds bad. I listened to the loud exclaims of joy as they rush down the tracks contently.

"Uh, y/n?" He looks at his feet and in the dim, coloured lights of the rides and displays, I could see his face turn red. His 'cool' smirk looking more nervous.

"Uh, Kai?" I ask in a light hearted mimicking tone. "What's up?"

He takes a breath and looks me in the eye determined. I'm met with his familiar rich green orbs surrounded by a deep forest flecked with worm honey. His eyes shone with hope, making his face glow. I give him a small smile that he returns.

"Y/n, I really like you. You make me laugh and you're there for me and even though I'm famous and a protector of Ninjago, you treat me like me and not someone superior. You're not like any girl I've met. And that's a good thing! You're strong and smart and beautiful and confident and quick witted. We're really good friends. And I want us to still be friends,"

His face is getting redder as he keeps talking. I think I know where this is going. And I can't say I'm not happy.

"But I want us to be more than friends, " he continues. "Y/n L/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

He closes his eyes in anticipation. So he's not able to see the growing smile on my face. I don't think I've ever smiled bigger before. When I don't answer, he slowly opens his eyes and I can see his tence shoulders relax.

"Yes," I manage. "Of course,"

Laughing, he gets on one knee and puts the cheap plastic ring he won on my finger. If possible, I smile bigger at his actions and I can't stop.

"I think I broke your face," he says. And I loose it. When he lets go of my hand, I use it to pull his hoodie closer to me so I can peck him on the corner of his smile.

"I'm disappointed," he smirks when I let him go. I look at him confused. "You had such nice aim in the ring toss."

"What?"

"You missed," he lowers his head and tilts it to the side slightly and presses his soft worm lips to mine. One hand cradling the back of my head brushing the hair out of my face on the way, the other finds its it's way to the small of my back.

In response, I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer and smile into the kiss.