11- Star: A Hot Ball of Gas

(Warning, there is near rape in this chapter. If that bothers you, I put it in italics. It's nothing too bad, but just incase.

And as always, this stupid story is out of order and I can't fix it. Just take note of the chapter numbers.)

It's late in the evening on a stormy day and Kai and I are at our usual coffee shop. He just got mobbed by fans and is a little tense. One even tried to kiss him! The nerve of some girls!

I mean, I know that they don't know that Kai and I are dating, I'm not a big fan of the limelight. But you don't just go up to people and kiss them!

But that's not why Kai is upset. I sit across from him at the table as he recalls his point of view of the attack, his eyes wide.

"I almost got her! I never lost control like that before. What if I didn't stop myself in time? I would have burnt her to a crisp. Lucky, that police was there, but still! Lloyd never looses control like that, or Jay, or Zane," he's totally freaking out.

I wonder if he realized that I was shoved into the middle of the road when the interviewers ran over and was almost hit by a car? Or the fact that he's no longer single.

More often than not, he still acts like it. Flirting with every single pretty girl he sees. He dosen't- he never- seems to be concerned about the atention he gets, the way girls throw themselves at him and the way he seems to forget me.

He takes a sip of his coffee when the shop's bell jingles. He looks up and almost choked. I turn around to see a young, pretty journalist and a camera man that must have followed us into the shop. I recognize her too, she applied with Bf/n to the school. And the deadline is in a week! I forgot about that.

Look at me. I'm a hypocrite, forgetting my own friend to complain about my boyfriend.

The girl sees us almost immediately and a hungry smile of perfect teeth outlined in bright red lipstick spreads on her fair and delicate face as she rushes over.

I brace myself.

"Kai Smith?" She asks as if there was any doubt.

Kai gives my a quick glance before leaning back in his seat, resting his weight on his arm proped up on the table and answering. "Uh, yeah?"

"Hi, Alice Suei-McGavern, here. Just a couple questions,"

Kai immediately gives her his camera ready smirk, one eyebrow raised slightly, something sly hidden behind the crooked smile. It's a smile I've seen him give a million girls. His eyes fall up and down her body.

I blink. Is he checking her out? While I'm right here? My fists clenched in anger, I breath in through my nose as my lips tighten and I sharpen eye daggers. Didn't he just try to run away from a bunch of cameras? And now she gets all his attention? Thin ice, Kai.

He lets out a little chuckle. "Why not?" He looks her up and down again slower. Oh-ho. Oh, no. No. Thin. Ice. Fire. Ninja. Do the math, Hothead.

Alice What's-her-face smiles and giggles as she pulls out a recording device. Her eyes wonder over to me before falling back onto Kai. "Could you tell us who this is?" She gestures to me. "A new lover? An old flame? Or just some obsessive fan?"

The camera man snickers. "Old flame..." he mumbles. The girl ignores him.

Kai's takes a second to register the question. "Oh, she's uh, just a fan. No one important. Just trying to get her to go away, really, " he gives me a pointed look. The camera would read it as 'take a hint, get out of here,' where I can read 'please play along,'. It was a code we developed so we wouldn't be suspected as a couple in public. A code I was all too familiar with recently.