CHAPTER SATU

Third Person POV

Today marked as the most depressing day, 1 January 2020, is the dreading day for the students. It's time for them to finally come back to the school, where they had to listen to the teachers rants about god know what.

At least, that's how it should be. But not to Science Class ( or Science Stream/SCN ). The atmosphere is rather lively, with most of the students already came and cleaned their classroom despite the clock had only strike 6.30 AM. Those who came late are ordered to find tables and chairs to make up to their tardiness. And when the clock shows that 20 minutes had passed, all of the students went to the Dewan Sekolah ( School Assembly Place ) together. Each student carrying their own book.

The prefects however, stood tall the moment they arrived in the Dewan. They are not allowed to sit, even when the assembly continued for the next three hours. The rest of the students scampering trying to find their seats while also saving their friends' seats. The prefects continued to guide the new students to sit, or screaming their head off whenever a bunch of students get a bit too loud. Their cheerful attitude are tossed out of the window, and their eyes show just how fierce they are.

One of the particular moment however, is quite amusing. On the right side of the Dewan, a girl with just 5'2 height is pointing to the empty seats and gesturing to a group of tall and fat boys to sit. Her face is red from all the bloodrush to her face due to screaming non stop. The boys, a bit freaked out and a little bit mad, had no choice but to sit- eventhough they are planning to wait for their friends first. Although short, one can't judge an asian prefect, especially girls. There is a high chance for them to pick a fight with you if you are being hardheaded.

The teachers finally arrived at 7.30 AM sharp. The front seats for the teachers are occupied by high ranked/positioned teachers. With most of them holding a cane to whip any student that dare to disobey them. Their eyes are fierce, as if they are an army that are ready to go to war instead of teaching. The principal sat in the middle, legs crossed with a calm look on his face. He is the genius Hui Yue, who managed to become a principal at the age of 35. He commands teachers that are far older than him like it was nothing, and thus earned a great respect among his seniors.

On the middle of the Dewan, sat Science Stream students. None of them are chatting. All of them opened their books and read, focusing their mind to memorise and understand bunch of nonsense that the other students fail to understand. Differ from western countries, nerds (but not so nerd since SCN class are also good at sports, games, delivering speech, or even martial arts. They basically a group of students that are talented in every aspect) are looked highly upon.

They get the special treatment, none of the prefect dare to touch them. No, not even the teachers or the group of thugs that occasionally can be seen glaring at them. They occupy the highest position, since most of them came from wealthy families and often won a lot of competitions, bringing the name of the school along with them. Thus, to disrespect them means to disrespect the whole school. It's an unspoken taboo to do so.

The head of the prefect, a tall guy with super dark and shiny black hair took a microphone in his hand. He have a healthy skin ; olive tan and just by glance, people can see that his body is rather muscular. Although he is more to the lean side, with no hint of fat can be seen on his slim waist. His eyes however, are two different story. A sharp, calculating look paired with green eyes- that sometimes looks yellow under a certain wavelength of light. From a glance, he can be mistaken as a hawk that decided to transform to a human being.

When he opened his mouth to deliver a speech, canines can be seen in his mouth. Some students always joked that he is secretly a vampire. The guy does, after all, emitted an ethereal aura. It's as if he is a whole different being from the students. This might be true, after all he is the Lee Zhin. A head prefect of all prefects with a perfect grades. Never fails to obtain one of the highest score in the whole country. In short, a genius.

Still in the same place on the right side of the Dewan, stood the girl who single handedly control the students from making noise when the assembly began. She is Jeanne Ming. She have a pale skin, with a hint of rosy cheeks, straight black hair thaf is tied in a ponytail and an 'S' shaped body. Although she is not that tall, the fierce aura she emitted is a force that are not to be reckoned with. As a rather average students with a high determination, she currently can be seen looking at Lee Zhin with glossy and shining eyes. It's clear that she is in awe with him, just like everybody else in the hall.

After Lee Zhin is done delivering his speech to welcome the new students and encouraging his friends to try their best this year, the principal finally stood. And the hall went quiet. Hui Yue is a kind principal that get along with students. Even with the thugs. Thus, he earned a high respect among the students and the teachers-- even the school canteen staffs. Apparently, he is quite the looker and the staffs loves to give him free foods whenever they see him.

Hui Yue smiled. And he opening his arms in friendly gesture. "Welcome, although I'm sure most of you are rather be asleep on the bed than coming to school, the fact that you came is the proof that you are one step ahead in gaining your success. This year, we should thank the God for letting us alive for yet another year. We must not waste this chance and pursue our dream. Let's us send our thankful prayers to the God for this blessed morning."

The students can be seen praying. Some pray 'dua' (muslim prayer) type while the other can be seen with Buddha, Christian and other religions praying methods and thanking the god. Even the atheists are silent in order to pay respect for those who are praying.

Now, the students finished their prayers and thus marked the assembly to came to an end. The students stood and thanking the teachers and they stood in lines to get back to their classes. The prefects can be seen guiding them, sometimes ripped the forbidden stuffs (phone, make up) from the students' hands or pockets. Their eagle eyes spot every little things.

PS: PLEASE VOTE 🌟 OR COMMENT IF YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU.