CHAPTER EMPAT

Jeanne POV

After making sure her blue shirt is tucked neatly and a red tie wrapped perfectly under her shirt's collar, she grabbed her vest in her closet and wore them. Satisfied, she carefully observed her image on the mirror. Black vest, blue shirt, and black skirt that goes up to her knee. Not a wrinkle can be seen on her shirt. 'Perfect.' She thought. Giving herself one last smile to her reflection on the mirror, she walked downstairs to greet her parents.

"Ma, Pa, I will go to school now. See you later?" Jennie asked, content with stealing a sandwhich that her mom is trying to give to her dad. Her dad, Uncle Ming Hong (we dont really call people Mr or Ms, it's just auntie, uncle, sis, brother) is a man that is in his middle fourty-ish. His round belly can be seen when he chuckled at his daughter's antic.

"Ay, don't steal that. Take this, I prepared a lunchbox for you. Eat them and don't come back home late, okay?" Her mom, Auntie Mei Hua is the exact copy of Jeanne Ming. Or Jeanne Ming is the exact copy of her mother. The only difference is her mother is a bit taller, standing at 5'4 foot, 2 inches taller than her. The woman had just reached fourty years old three months ago, however her youthful face betrayed her age. Anyone can mistake her for a woman around the age of twenty five to thirty three at first glance.

"Okay, see you at home later!" With that, Jeanne grabbed her pink school bag and went her merry way to school. Although her parents is perfectly capable of sending her with their car, she doesn't want to burden them. After all, she goes to school at 6.20 AM in the morning! Yes, only the Science Stream students are crazy enough to wake up so early and be excited to go to school. This thought, however, makes Jeanne paused momentarily from her peaceful walk.

'The trip!' She nearly stomped her feet in frustation. She was too excited for the trip to realise that she doesn't need to come extra earlier as usual. She doesn't even bring books, aside from a Physic Revision Book that she had forgotten to bring out after she revised the subject last night. If Eve didn't come to school yet, she will be left by herself and had to read alone in her class in pitiful attempt to keep herself occupied.

Jeanne took out her phone, the square device is coated with an adorable white Rilakkuma cover that's glittering under the light. Opening her Whatsapp chat, she typed a few words to her bestfriend, Eve Hye.

Jeanne: 你来了? (You (already) came leh?)

Eve: Yes, I already came to the school. Don't type chinese to me!

Jeanne: Just making sure, I forgot that I don't have to come early. At least I have you.

Jeanne then sent a heart emoticon to appease Eve and continue her walk. With a light skip in her walk and the song she hums to, anyone can tell that she is in a good mood.

"Jeanne, here, here!" Eve and Layla waved to catch her attention the moment she passed the school massive gate. Seeing them, she grinned and made her way to her friends. She could see that there's a few of her classmates that are lounging on the assembly area. 'At least I wasn't the only one had forgotten that I didn't need to come so early.' Jennie silently smiled at the thought.

"You guys, come choose the snacks. I bring a lot of them, do you want some?" Zack, the peepy cute chinese guy dropped bunch of snacks and sweets on the table infront of them. He grinned, his right hand on his hip and the other hand making 'peace' sign. Seemingly pleased that he can be a total gluttony for the day without having to hide his snacks from the teachers. Zack often ate in class, Jeanne aren't sure how the boy never been caught considering he sat literally infront of the teacher. The guy is like a squirrel, constantly munching on something. No wonder he even have two big front teeths that resemble squirrels.

Layla squaled in happiness and scooped as much snacks she can in her arms. Eve snickered, choosing a bunch of snacks for herself too. She then paused, and says "Oh Jeanne, I see your favorite. Here take it!" She passed the Super Ring snack to me. My cheeks started to turns red with how happy I'am. Super Ring fix everything! And that moment, I saw Lee Zhin passed the school gate and I knew my day had only just begun.

"Is that all of you? Alright, Science Stream and Art Class will be getting into the same busses. Now move along!" The teachers are totally tried to shoo us like a herd of goats instead of students. Jeanne doesn't blame them, most of those in her grade are pretty hardheaded. Give them a little attention and they will start to take it for granted. She mentally thanked her ancestors because she doesn't need to share the bus with those who from the Building Class. They are nasty guys, she often had to yell at them and control them from breaking the school's rules. Being a prefect can be pretty exhausting sometimes.

Jeanne sat with Zack on the third row, with Eve and Layla on the fourth row since Layla unable to sit next to male due to her religion. Lee Zhin took the seat on the left of the bus, he is in the same row with her... Again. Thinking that luck is on her side, she smiled and started to look forward to the trip.

She could see a pair of male twins from the Art Class making their way to him, and one of the twin, Nicholas sat beside Lee Zhin. This makes Jeanne frown, she wasn't aware that Lee Zhin is close to those guys. She silently watched as the other twin, Nikolas sat on the second row while smacking his twin on the head roughly as if he is some sort of doll. Their chatters are drowned by the bus engine and incoherent chatters around them.

This however, was forgotten by Jeanne the moment the bus started to move. With Zack tried to shove as much snacks he can in his mouth. Jeanne seriously wonder how the guy can stay so slim. The rest of the trip in the bus is uneventful, she constantly had to smack Zack away from littering her skirt with the crumbles from his snacks. Eve and Layla however, is having a blast listening to Bangtan Boys song using their airphone at the back.