CHAPTER DUA

Jeanne POV

"Jeanne! Have you heard that the teachers are planning to take us on a trip somewhere?" Eve Hye, Jeanne's classmate and bestfriend rushed to her side the moment she saw Jeanne on her way to her class. Eve Hye is a normal student, and thus they always had to separate way in the morning so Jeanne can do her prefect duties.

"Trip? Why so? Aren't we just started our school?" Confused, Jeanne glanced at her slightly taller bestfriend. Eve Hye had a slightly tanned skin, long curly hair and a bit on the chubby side. Jeanne had always been jealous of Eve's big eyes. Being a chinese herself, her eyes is slightly slanted just like the other chinese students.

"I heard the teachers had to attend meetings to discuss the upcoming change in the next Science Stream next year. It makes sense, finally they decided to abolish the classes and instead let the students choose their own class rather than forcing them to take respective class according to their exam performance!" Gushed Eve. She had always been disappointed because she wanted to get into the Account Class, but the teachers insisted she took the Science Stream because 'it's better for your future'. Eve still remembers how hard she rolled her eyes when she heard that statement.

"I wish I can be a genius like Lee Zhin, crap, do you have any idea how much subjects he took? He can't change his class, he decided to take all the subjects he like!" Continued Eve. Lee Zhin is the only student who took extra subjects in their grade, being a Science Stream students is hard enough, Eve and Jeanne can't comprehand how Lee Zhin managed to get the prefect grades with that much subjects.

Jeanne stays silent. She still feel ashamed that she was unable to score a good grade (her grade is good according to the school, but Jeanne still feels like she can do much better) when someone like Lee Zhin can achieve so much eventhough they are pratically the same age!

Finally, they arrived at their class. By the time they took their seats, they are exhausted. Their class are placed far away and especially isolated from the rest of the students since they value the silent and good environment for studying. Jeanne glanced outside her class, and her cheeks burn when she realised Lee Zhin had just arrived and currently choosing his seat.

He decided to sit on the left side of the class since the window is closer there, and Jeanne can't help but noticed they are on the same row. Jeanne can feel Eve's eyes glancing at her to gauge her reaction, and that just make her cheeks turns beet red. On the corner of her eyes, she can make out Lee Zhin's movement. He is currently sorting his books into the drawer below his table. His long legs had to be stretched in order to fit into the small table, and Jeanne can't help but smile at the small detail.

The teacher arrived and just like that, the whole class turned quiet. They greet the teacher and without wasting any time, the class started.

The whole class feels drained, with Addmath being the first subject in the morning. It doesn't help that the teacher are so fast in explaining things, making some of the students struggle to cope with the lesson.

When the male teacher clapped his hands to draw the students' attention, the class once again turned quiet. "Some of you might already know this, but you guys will be going into a trip the very next day. We originally planned a trip to the museum next week, however the teachers just got informed that the Kementerian Pelajaran had to change the schedule and call the teachers to a meeting tomorrow to avoid clashing with their plans."

Low murmurs can be heard, if the teachers are called for a meeting to discuss the upcoming change for the classes next year, there will be a big chance for all the teachers involved in their grade to attend the meeting. It explained the trip, as the teachers can't easily let the students skip school as they like.

"Jeanne, Eve! Isn't this good? Because we are Science Stream students, we rarely get to go to any trip, the teachers are always fighting with each other to take our class!" Layla, a malay muslim student, spoke to them. Her eyes are glistening in excitement and both Jeanne and Eve can't help but chuckle seeing her antics. Layla Azahari is a muslim student, with fair skin and big warm chocolate eyes. Layla, just like other Science Stream students, are one of the genius in the school.

"You guys wanna bring snacks leh? I definitely will bring a lot of them!" A chinese guy shouted, his hands up into the air because of his excitement.

"Guys, you will be going to the museum, not picnic la. If any teacher told me Science Stream eating snacks all through the trip, the first person i whip will be you, Zack." The teacher says sternly with his cane pointing to Zack, the chinese guy. Laughters can be heard when Zack pouted sadly because the teacher had spoiled his plan.

And just like that, the bell rung signalling that the Addmath class has ended. The teacher warned the students to stay quiet and completing his homework while waiting for the next teacher to arrive. Jeanne scanned her surrounding and she chuckled when she see Layla started to yawn and sleep. Infront of the class, Zack can be seen excitedly solving his Addmath homework while bragging to his friends just to annoy the crap outta them.

Jeanne glanced to her left, she noticed that Zhin had completed his homework and currently reading a book. His long lashes can be seen from far away. Although Lee Zhin is a genius, he doesn't have many friends. His relationship with his classmate is purely just as 'classmate' he did not hang out with them outside the school. It is understandable after all, he had been busy with studying to even attempt to hang out with anyone.

Suddenly, a smile creeps onto Jeanne's face. She can't wait for the trip, maybe they will be closer after all.

PS: I APPRECIATE ANY VOTES 🌟 AND COMMENTS, THANK YOU.