The thread of successful - Chapter 5

Martinus) It is fine, just go ahead.

Martinus' pov//
Now I'm once again left alone in this room. All I can do is to stare at the star sky. Looks so beautiful.
Then I felt the cough, ugh this cancer.

(Marcus) Are you ok? I heard you cough.

(Martinus) I'm fine Marcus, let's just go to bed I'm tired.

(Marcus) Ok. (sign)

The next day...

Marcus' pov//

I woke up and saw Martinus still sleeping, he must be really tired. I'm just gonna let him sleep and get some breakfast while he enjoys his nap. 

After getting breakfast...

(Marcus) Wake up Martinus! Breakfast ready.

(Martinus) *Yawn*. Really? Do you really have to scream?

(Marcus) I don't care, now sit up and eat.

(Martinus) Yes, dad.

(Both) Hahaha.

Martinus' pov//

I'm so happy to have a brother like him, today I'll get to meet Amelia who's going to show me around cuz I've been here really long but I don't really get time to explore by myself so.

After finishing breakfast a hospital janitor and Amelia at the same time.

The janitor took our breakfast brick and Amelia said hi to us both.

(Amelia) Hey, both of you! I'm Amelia and I'm here to assist you Martinus. So who's Martinus?

(Martinus) Is me.

(Amelia) Cool, so do you wanna hang with us? Ehm

(Marcus) I'm Marcus, Martinus' twin brother.

(Amelia) Ok, let's go then!

Martinus' pov//

Amelia showed them around where children can hang out. It is like a small room with toys and some craft stuff for you to play and draw. I also saw a football and I started to feel sad. Cuz I love playing football but I can't if I play I might faint. Why is life so unfair?

Then our parent called and said Marcus had to go home. Marcus was a little annoyed but also said too, he didn't want to leave his brother at all.

(Marcus) I guess this is goodbye.

(Martinus) No, let's make this see you later.

(Marcus) Yeah, see you later.

Then he went home by walking cuz our dad can't pick him up. I don't know why. And the hospital isn't that far from our house so. Just then a doctor came and said they need to do an x-ray on my brain to see how's it is. 

So we went to the x-ray room where I will lay down on an x-ray bed machine. 

(Martinus) Please, I don't wanna do it, it will hurt like hell.

(Amelia) Come here.

(Martinus) Why am I sick? Why can't I just have a normal life like others?

I cried a bit but Amelia cheer me up and I agreed to get up one more time.

So I just laid there, letting the doctor do the job.

After that...

Marcus' pov//

Here I am again in my room alone, this is so boring. I and Martinus used to do everything together but then this cancer came it ruined everything! Martinus can't go to school either cuz he has tried that one time and ended up in the hospital again.

Meanwhile...

(Amelia) Have you ever heard of 'The thread of successful'?

(Martinus) No?

(Amelia) So every time you have to behave nicely on a blood test or whatever it is. You'll get a pearl shaved of any fruit and you sew it on this thread then hang it on your water transfer holder. 

(Martinus) That sounds cool! I will do it.

(Amelia) Cool! 

Thank you all so much for reading bye!