☆ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Five - Your Fight is Over

Bellamy stayed true to his word

Bellamy stayed true to his word. I was no allowed out of his sight, unless I was in my cell. Which led me to be in my cell most of the time. The only company I got was when they moved Jasper up to my level so I could help him. 

"His pulse is three eighty" Clarke says to me, clearly worried. I nod moving over to look at Jasper's wound, causing him to moan. When he does I can hear the rest of the camp erupt in complaints, "Go back to sleep!" and "Quiet!"

Clarke sighs, looking down at Jasper, "Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this, okay?" she makes eye contact with me, nodding, "Promise."

"Can he just die already?" Another complains from outside, causing me to scoff. Clearly none of these idiots have fought for their survival or they would be more understanding. Clarke looks down at Jasper just as Octavia lifts the hatch, pulling herself up. 

Clarke stands, turning to Octavia, "I'm gonna get clean water. Keep an eye on him" then she gestures to me, "And her." I roll my eyes, chuckling in my head. If I wasn't hurt, I would have left by now. Then she wouldn't have to worry about me, but Heda's army. Octavia scoots closer to Jasper and I, assuring me, "Don't worry about Clarke. She is just worried about everyone. She doesn't know that you won't hurt us."

A sense of guilt washes over me. I may have no hurt them yet, but as soon as I tell Heda all the information I now have, in my journal, I will be. That is when I realize that I don't have any of my stuff. "Octavia?" I ask, "Do you know where my pack got put?" She looks at me confused so I continue, "I had a pack with me before I was captured by your people. It has a change of clothes for me. I have been in the same outfit since I first arrived here." 

Octavia nods, standing up, "I can go find it for you."

I smile, "Thank you." I like the feeling of being trusted. I can tell Octavia trusts me or she wouldn't be leaving me alone. I take a cloth that was left behind, wiping the sweat off of Jasper's forehead. "It is okay, Jasper. I will keep you alive. Your gonplei ste nou odon." Your fight is not over. I sit with Jasper for a few minutes before Clarke, Finn, Wells, and the Asian return. 

When the Asian walks in, he extended his hand to me, "I'm Monty, " he then whispers, "I don't think you were the one who hurt Jasper. I think you were trying to help him." He pulls back, looking me in the eyes, and I nod causing him to smile. 

I look at Clarke before I speak to her for the first time, "Hold him still. I need to cut away the infected flesh." She looks surprised that I talked to her, as does everyone else, but she nods before telling everyone else, "Do it."

Clarke hands me a knife, that they call a scalpel, before grabbing his arm holding him down. With the scalpel, I move towards the infected skin, beginning to cut it away. Jasper screams out in agony and Octavia busts through the hatch, "Stop it! You're killing him."