☆ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Seven - World Came Crashing Down

Bellamy and I haven't talked in about a week, but I just keep remembering the look on his face when it all went down

"Leigh? What's wrong? Princess?" Bellamy asks, chasing me out of the water.

I throw my hands up in the air, turning to face him, "That's what's wrong! Princess! I am a Princess! Of the Grounders, as you call us. The people who are supposed to kill you, Sky People! We are meant to hate each other!"

Bellamy shakes his head and grabs a hold of my biceps, "No. Leigh, that's what everyone says. What they think. But we," he gestures between the two of us, "We can change that. We don't have to hate each other."

I step away, shaking my head and running my fingers through my now soaked hair. He continues, "Listen. I don't know how I feel. But I know I feel something for you. And I want to see what this is. You captivate me. More than any woman has ever. And I don't understand why, but I care about you!" There it is. The moment I have been trying to stop from happening. Caring is weakness. And if he doesn't understand that, he's going to get himself killed.

I step forward, looking him in the eyes, "But what you fail to realize that Hodnes laik kwelnes. Love, and caring, is weakness. That is how you get killed and how you lose everyone. That is how it is down here. Weakness down here is death. And I cannot afford to be weak." I explain this and my heart drops. I know this to be true, but why does it hurt so badly? I walk back to Tris and put my clothes back on. He doesn't take my hand for support to get on Tris. I asked for silence, and that is exactly what the entire trip back is filled with.

Currently, I am sitting in the dropship because the tent I was given is too close to that of Bellamy's. Every night for the past week, all I could hear was the moans of multiple women coming from his tent. Clearly, he didn't care about me that much.

But the past week at the Sky People's camp has been more sadness than just my aching heart. Wells recently passed and of course, the Sky People think I did it. They were ready to torture me, burn me, kill me, but thankfully, Clarke stepped in and reassured them that it wasn't me. After all, I had been in the dropship all week, attempting to help Clarke save Jasper.

Today, Clarke rushes into the dropship, heading straight for Monty. "Monty! You can try my bracelet!" She comments shortly before Finn comes in after her.

Monty looks up surprised, glancing at me and I shrug. He turns back to Clarke, "Okay, bring your wrist over here," and he gets to work on taking it off. It is quite unusual for Clarke to want her bracelet off. After all, she was the one that was so adamant about keeping them on, saying how they needed to so their Ark knew they were alive.

"Yes! I did it. It's still operational" Monty exclaims, grinning over at me. Monty and I have grown closer over the past few days, bonding over Jasper. If I had to choose someone in this camp who was my friends, it would be Jasper, Monty, and...Bellamy. But not anymore I guess.