tsukkiyama - i wanna be your boyfriend

hehe more song inspired chapters (i feel like i might do too many of these). but this time i feel like i put a lot more of a story than the song lyrics

"hey tsukki," yamaguchi called over to blond boy with glasses, who was walking next to him with his headphones around his neck. "i've been wondering what kind of music you listen to through go your headphones," the green haired boy continued, "recently, you've been humming a song when you're in a good mood. for example, the other day, when we went out to eat and you got your strawberry cake, you started humming as you happily got your cake!" "r-really?" tsukishima shocked that he did something so embarrassing without realizing it. "yeah! it really surprised me too. it was the first time i had heard you humming in a long time. you used to do it after you found out that your brother won his match... well, until you found out the truth."
"s-shut up yamaguchi."
"sorry tsukki!"
"i'll... tell you what song i've been interested in recently."
"yay!"
"...actually, i'll just text it to you."
"oh ok."

they say bye to each other where they usually split up or meet everyday. tsukishima goes to his own house, and yamaguchi goes to his own house.

as yamaguchi plops his bag down on his desk after getting home, he takes off his white button up shirt revealing his white t-shirt that he always wears underneath. he untucks his shirt and takes off his belt. yamaguchi then lays on his bed with his phone in his hand, waiting for the text. it comes in about ten minutes later as yamaguchi was playing a game on his phone while waiting for the text. "here's the song: *i wanna be your girlfriend*" the text says. yamaguchi clicks on the song and it takes him to youtube to listen to it. the song automatically starts.

Oh Hannah
I wanna feel you close
Oh Hannah
Come lie with my bones
Oh Hannah
Don't look away
Oh Hannah

Just look at me the same
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath

"TADASHI!! COME DOWN! IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!!" his mother called. he closed out of the video, but made sure to keep on the page where he was texting tsukishima so he could listen to it later.

the next morning, yamaguchi woke up and started getting ready for school. he hummed as he got ready... but what was he humming? he thought about it, but he couldn't put his finger on it. he completely forgot the title of the song. he kept humming though.

he got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed his hair, and teeth, and went out the door to meet tsukishima. tsukishima had been waiting there, which apparently wasn't much. well, that's what tsukishima said when yamaguchi asked how long he had been waiting.

as they walked, yamaguchi began to hum that song again. "you got that song stuck in your head already?" tsukishima spoke up first, which was unusual, but it helped yamaguchi because he forgot the title of the song and ever since this morning, he wanted to know (that's partly the reason why he was late). "what song?" yamaguchi asked tsukishima. "the song that i sent you?" tsukishima replied, with a questionable tone. "no, what's the title?" yamaguchi asked again. "i wanna be your girlfriend." tsukishima said, hoping that yamaguchi didn't notice the tint of pink on his cheeks after saying that. "oh right. i got it stuck in my head because i was listening to it while doing my homework and before falling asleep," yamaguchi mentioned, not showing any sign of seeing tsukishima blush, "could you recite the lyrics? i forgot what they were."

Oh Hannah
Tell me something nice
Like flowers and blue skies
Oh hannah
I will follow you home

Although my lips are blue and I'm cold
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath

tsukishima quietly sang. "that was really cool, tsukki!!" yamaguchi complimented tsukishima like usual.

they continued to walk to school and when they get there they heard an orange munchkin from a mile away "heeyyyyy yaammaaguucchhhiii!!!" "what's up hinata?" yamaguchi calmly greeted him. "could i try receiving one of your float serves at practice today? kageyama is sick and i'd like a change, and a challenge!" hinata said in his usual excitement. "sure," yamaguchi responded.

at practice that afternoon, hinata didn't get any of yamaguchi's float serves, except for the last one. only receiving one didn't make hinata feel satisfied, and neither was yamaguchi. well, yamaguchi actually wanted to see if he could get one past hinata again. "hey guys! it's time to leave!" the captain yells. "hinata! one more!" yamaguchi called out to hinata. "wow, i don't think i've seen yamaguchi so pumped before," suga commented. "yeah!" hinata responded to yamaguchi's call out. aaaaand... hinata got it again. "tch" yamaguchi's disappointed, but on the other side, hinata's happy. "yes!" he yells, pumping a fist.

they quickly cleaned up, changed, and left. tsukishima liked when yamaguchi had other emotions than just being like 'hey tsukki!' all the time. it wasn't very often that yamaguchi will get angry, but this is one of the times he got angry, even though it's just slightly. tsukishima, who had been listening to music through his headphones since yamaguchi was only mumbling to himself, took off his headphones and put them on yamaguchi to calm him down. and it really pulled him out of the zone. by that time, though, they were at their usual place where they split up. before they did, yamaguchi took off the headphones and gave them back to tsukishima, adding a side note to it "u-uhh, tomorrow, at this place i have something! to t-tell you..." "o-okay" tsukishima responded.

the next day, yamaguchi waited until after school and the whole day, both of them were very anxious. during practice, they kept messing up. "what's wrong with you two today? you guys keep messing up and it's only you two," daichi said at the end of practice. "maybe they finally started dating" tanaka commented from the side, which made receive a chop in the head from the vice captain afterwards. it also caused yamaguchi and tsukishima to blush. "whatever... well i hope your plays are better tomorrow, okay?"
daichi let them off the hook. "okay" tsukishima and yamaguchi both mumbled.

they all went home, which meant it was finally time for yamaguchi to tell tsukishima what he wanted to say. or sing it?

oh tsukki
oh tsukki

i wanna kiss you until i loose my breath
i don't wanna be your friend
i wanna be yours
i want you to touch me but not like this

the look in your eyes
my hand on you face
oh this can't be real
it's all just a dream

i don't wanna be your friend
i wanna kiss your lips
i wanna kiss you until i loose your breath

tsukishima look shocked from multiple things. first, that yamaguchi had such a nice singing voice. second, that yamaguchi actually confessed (so that tsukishima didn't have to say it out loud). third, yamaguchi didn't get the message that tsukishima wanted to date him when he sent yamaguchi that song.

yamaguchi automatically blushed a deep red after singing. he covered his face from embarrassment. but then, he felt a sudden squeeze. tsukishima was hugging him. does this mean yes? yamaguchi wondered to himself.

after hugging yamaguchi, tsukishima kissed him on the forehead, which quickly made yamaguchi look up. "i... like you too," tsukishima whispered in yamaguchi's ear, "i have for awhile now." yamaguchi blushed again. when tsukishima raised his head, yamaguchi noticed that he was blushing, too. yamaguchi just smiled and hugged tsukishima back.

extra:
"awww" they heard from the bushes nearby. it was tanaka and noya. "idiots" suga said pushing them back. tsukishima and yamaguchi noticed that daichi and asahi were there, too.

"run" yamaguchi felt a pull at his arm and him and tsukishima were suddenly running away. "i knew this was a bad idea" asahi said. "that was cute though," suga said, "i wish someone would confess to me like that." that earned daichi four glares. "what?" daichi just wondered. "oh nothing" suga responded. "we should leave since the fun is over."

tsukishima and yamaguchi ran all the way to the usual place. before splitting up, they tried to catch their breaths. "uhh would you like to go on a date this weekend?" tsukishima asked. "yes!" yamaguchi responded.
"see ya?"
"bye tsukki!"

at the end, i changed the lyrics a bit to make it more pure to suit yamaguchi more. sorry if i made any mistakes. i forget if i edited it and i'm too lazy to do it right now.