one

stars are only pretty from afar.

■■■

markmeinurheart
active now

markmeinurheart:
stop acting like everything is fine even if it's not
seen

■■■

"but don't you ever feel like everything is going well and the next thing you know, shit fucked it all up?" leaning back on the sofa while sipping his banana milk, the guy who claims himself as nana asks.

he stared, waiting for an answer from the person sitting on the floor, eyes on the laptop on top of the coffee table, school works on the ground and hair pushed back due to the stuff that was needed to do. "mhm, i kinda hate life the same way to be pretty honest." donghyuck muttered under his breathe.

"what was that?" finishing his first bottle of banana milk, digging at the plastic bag that contained more, he grabbed another and poked the straw in it.

"nothing, i said i hated school." hyuck said dodging the fact that he said he hated life, well, at some point he does, but the image of being a bubbly person has to be protected. he doesn't know how people will react once they found out the ugly truth.

buying whatever hyuck meant in his answer, jaemin proceeded to watching the older work.

donghyuck didn't like the fact that he helped everybody when he can't even help himself. his dad left him and his mom when he found out about the news that his mom was pregnant with him, and since his mother still had a little bit of pity in her, even if she hated donghyuck to her guts, she decided to keep the child. it lasted for... three years? until she started to put the blame to donghyuck that it was is fault why his father left them, even if it was purely not. 

donghyuck decided to leave his own house, his own house that he should definitely be safe in with the comfort of a family but he received no love in. he wished physical abuse was his mother's way of showing love so he wouldn't be practically dead by that time. he moved in with his friends, who were kind enough to let him stay despite his lack of financial support.

what would the students in his school think once they found out? only he knows that being bright was his only defense mechanism to hide the fact that he just wanted to be loved. 

being turned down by your own father despite the fact that his eyes hadn't even opened in the real world and growing up physically abused by your own mother sure was tough. donghyuck was tough. he wouldn't let that break him.

he sighed making sure that the younger didn't hear that so he wouldn't be bombarded by questions.

sure he was doing fine right now, having a roof above his head, eating warm meals, sleeping at a comfortable bed, he has a phone and a laptop for fucks sake. but he wouldn't have all of those if he didn't work his ass up in the coffee shop one of his friends owned.

but of course he would feel empty, he wanted to feel loved, something his own family couldn't give him. something that he was this close to believing that the universe didn't want him to feel.

his friends loved him, yeah, there's that. but do they really? they probably just pitied him knowing that donghyuck has no where to go. donghyuck wanted his family out of his life, he wanted to think that they didn't even exist even for a second in this world. wasn't that what they thought once they had him? gone. they wanted him gone. so that's what he wants too. he made a way for his friends to actually believe him telling them that his parents are already dead, he wishes they were, but in real life, it's just apparently a story.

what is life? fuck, how could he even get up every morning waking up to the same shit that brought him here right now. lucky for him, he's a scholar, well if he wasn't friends with zhong chenle, a dolphin screeching rich ass, he would've probably just be out there selling his body instead of studying the human body. he was thankful for chenle that's for sure, his parents were kind enough to get him a scholarship at the school where jaemin, chenle also attended to. he knew one day he had to repay the rich ass chinese, maybe when he actually had already gotten his shit back together.

what is it there even to be depressed over? love? fuck that shit.

lee donghyuck? full sun? the bright and cheerful student? was physically abused? by his own mom? and was hated by his own parents? put into blame? hated his life? and just wants to disappear in this world? heck, no!

not in mark's watch.

"who the hell even is mark?" donghyuck thought when it passed his mind, he decided to shrug it off now focusing on the laptop in front of him.

"i'm going to sleep, you better do to, it's pretty late." picking up the plastic wrappers of straws and bottles of banana milk, jaemin stood up from his seat and walked towards his room stopping at the door raising a brow at haechan not taking silence as an answer.

hyuck noticed this and nodded his then replied "yeah, i'll sleep when this is done."

"cramming won't do anything healthy to you." rolling his eyes jaemin entered his room and locked it. "yeah, but atleast i'm getting it done!" donghyuck scoffed at the younger.

he's getting a headache from all these cramming, staring into the computer, and staying up late. it really isn't healthy but he does it anyway.

that's just how life goes for this sunshine.

■■■