four

❝ i'm sorry that i walked away. ❞

■■■

markmeinurheart
•active now

markmeinurheart: stop pretending.
seen

■■■

"you walked together?!"

"you were at a cafè together?!"

"you're gonna mc the event later together?!"

the four boys asked one after another, taking donghyuck aback.

"was that supposed to be a secret?" donghyuck blurted out clueless of his surroundings. "we're you even allowed to say that?"

"MARKHYUCK NATION IS WINNING TODAY!" chenle screamed louder than he intended to causing a couple of people from the other booth to glance at their direction.

and of course mark lee heared that.

jeno covered the dolphin's-- uh, i mean chenle's mouth and shot mark his signature eye smile to ignore what the chinese just said.

"markhyuck? the fuck is that?" hyuck scoffed at the ship name. "who thought of that?"

"jaemin did." renjun said not sparing them a look, remaining unbothered.

jaemin groaned and fought the urge to knock the life out of renjun, "that was supposed to be a secret, junnie! now what am i going to do with the 'being markhyuck nation's president without markhyuck actually knowing agenda' now?"

"attention to all student council officers, please make your way to the gym hall for a meeting. for the remaining students, finalize your booths and we wish luck to all of you for the best booth award! thank you!"

once again, the school speakers were turned of after the news.

"well then, i'll see you guys when the event starts." donghyuck said and eyed the people at the booth "bye, hoes." he said and left.

"did that dumbass forget that i'm also a student council officer?"

■■■

arriving at the gym, he pushed open the doors to it and entered the very spacy gymnasium. "we are recording attendance today so please say 'present' when you hear your name."

hyuck proceeded in front and stood beside jungwoo as he proceeded to take the attendance.

"as the event is ongoing, officers are scattered around the school to look after the studentd and is advised to also join in some booths." mark stated and all agreed and proceeded to do their work once he dismissed them.

just as all of the officers was about to leave, mark was quick to catch their attention. "and remember, the event starts at 3."

donghyuck left the gym and went back to his friends who are unknowingly not at the same place where he left them. the loud ass chinese is probably with his jisung, while jaemin and jeno are probably annoying the life out of renjun. god. save his single ass. 

"hey, haechan!" stinkin' nickname, tss. haechan thought before turning his head to mark who called him. he gave him a look and asked "what?" in the coldest tone the sun could ever mutter. mark frowned and approached him and said "why is the sun acting all cold today?"

that made him think, he never really confronted mark about all the job he's making the younger do, and he never really showed the older that he hated him to the guts. "i-"

"mark!" before donghyuck could even answer his question somebody interrupted him. "wait somebody called me, i'll talk to you again later. bye, hyuckie!"

okay... what the fuck was that? donghyuck thought as he watched mark run to who called him. 

 he was supposed to be roaming around the campus looking after the students and some facilities like mark instructed but donghyuck found himself sitting at one of the benches at their school's open field where the booths are, but he distanced himself from them.

he took his time to think. should he just drop this hating mark agenda? maybe if he actually built a better friendship for the both of them they would probably enjoy working together as they are supposed to. is it really that shallow? don't get him wrong, this isn't an act, he really didn't like the way the president overworks him. but what if mark just actually have no choice that's why he's doing this?

you know what this is frustrating. he shouted in his head and stood up from where he was seating. freedom week is supposed to be enjoyed and you're supposed to feel free, but why did he actually feel bad for mark lee.

"hyuck! the event is starting in 30 minutes!" a student called up to him and it immediately snapped him back to his senses. "shit, totally forgot about that." he whisphered to himself and ran backstage.

his mind was so preoccupied with mark lee that he forget that he had to mc an event with him.

he arrived backstage and people were so busy, setting up the sound systems and all, he looked around and saw mark at the corner talking to somebody and the younger got surprised when the president met his eyes.

the president excused himself from who he was talking to and approached donghyuck with a smile. "so?"

hyuck just stared at the older like his face was the most interesting thing in the world. "are you not going to answer or?" mark dragged his words and looked at hyuck who was looking at him weirdly.

mark was genuinely getting worried now if it weren't for the cough that one student let out from their side trying to get their attention.

that snapped the younger back to his senses and fixed his composture to look at who coughed "dating has time, after the event." he said.

that left the two dumbfounded until it finally clicked "dating? what- no!" they said in unision.

"say that to your jinx." he said and left. "do i look like somebody who would date mark?" donghyuck muttered grumpily and glaring at the older in front him.

"yes you do," mark laughed "now go grab your mic because the even is going to start." he smiled and walked away.

"i do?" he thought and walked over to where the mics are placed.

what? i'd rather date a guy with a cute smile i guess. some one who can play the guitar for me or sing with me, or even a guy whose just doing good in school and follows his mom well.

and it hit him. that's everything mark lee could ever be.

■■■

sorry this took so damn long :( i'll try to keep up on updates during quarantine, keep safe everybody!! don't go out unless it's important! take care of yourself and don't get sick! i love each and every one of you uwu <3

follow me on twitter @ haecheesecake and hmu if you wanna be friends! 🥺