three

❝ i'm not afraid to try again, i'm afraid of getting hurt for the same reason. ❞

■■■

markmeinurheart
active now

markmeinurheart:
stop hiding
seen

■■■

why is he suddenly being so nice to me? donghyuck thought while sitting on a bench at the school field glaring at mark from a distance.

monday came, it was the first day of the most anticipated week of the whole year. freedom week had always been hectic on the first day, booths were being set up, banners were put up, students were all over the place but donghyuck kept his eye on the president who was busy helping setting up their booth.

it was very unusual today, the secretary didn't know if he should actually be happy that mark is treating him like this or be weirded out, for now he's just confused.

it was a very nice day to be frank, students were having fun and the weather was wonderful, the perfect atmosphere to have the time of his life but mark lee just had to mess his brain up.

it all started when he saw mark at the cafe near the campus, he was buying breakfast but when it was time for him to pay he couldn't feel his wallet in his pockets. and just like any other cliché wattpad scenarios, a hand popped up in front of him handing money to pay for what he couldn't.

and whose hand was it you ask? why bother asking, we all know it's none other than mark lee.

that itself was really extremely weird, he has never paid anything for donghyuck at the past and it was so ironic how he did it now.

he let that one slip away, maybe the older was feeling generous that day so he goes paying for other people's food.

donghyuck claimed the paper bag from the cashier and made his way to the door, of course mark lee was going to call up to him but he didn't bother looking back.

not until mark actually caught up to him and and started walking with him side by side, "what?" the secretary asked not even sparing a glance to the person next to him. "whoa, that's a new way to say thank you." mark said sarcasm coating his voice.

donghyuck just shrugged and ignored mark who was walking with him to school, god, how much he hated the scene that they created the moment they got in the campus. students were giving them looks when they entered together and others even started whispering to each other. what, did they actually think that they were a couple?

what was mark lee actually trying to do right now that he's being less of a dick? why was he so kind today? donghyuck tried his best not to think about it but he couldn't help it.

shrugging whatever was bugging him, he decided to get up from the bench and help jaemin and jeno on fixing their booth's fairy lights that are unknowingly tangled on jisung's body with chenle laughing by his side and renjun completely ignoring their existence and focused on organizing boxes.

"you know hyuck, you're fullsun and all, but why is the sun shining brighter than you today? that's kind of unusual." trying to untangle jisung from the lights, nana spare a glance at donghyuck when he arrived right in front of the booth.

donghyuck thought about what to say, he looked at the booth beside them and saw mark laughing with his other friends, lucas and some girls from his class. but when he turned back his attention to their booth, he was hit by reality, "why is jisung and jeno here with us?"

they all turned to donghyuck, since when was his friends close to mark's? "we can call mark hyung here also if that's the catch." jeno said shrugging and averted his attention back to untangling jisung.

"you want me to call mark hyung?" chenle butted in. "stop dodging my question, yeah?" the older sassed and the rich chinese just rolled his eyes ay him.

"well, ever since i lost that silly bet from jisung, he forced me to hang out with him." chenle said followed by his high pitched laugh.

jisung, who was now free from the tangled fairy lights, spoke "and he said he was too intimidated with mark hyung that he couldn't even breathe the same air with him after the encounter at the cafeteria... when he yelled at you." the last part coming out as a whisper.

"and i needed to hear that because?" the bright boy sassed once again and was taken aback by nana's come back "come on, haechan, you could've just told us that you want mark here." what? he honestly wants that person gone! why in the world would he want to be in the same place as him?

"you know, hyuck. people are shipping you two..." nana said with a smug grin, raising his eyebrows teasingly at the older. "the fuck? since when?"

chenle laughed with his obnoxious high pitched screaming "since you two entered the campus-- pfft-- HAHAHAHAHA!" haechan glared at the younger.

"that was a mistake, we didn't intend to enter together, or walk together, or be in the cafè together, or mc the event later together." he spat out all at once, obviously panicked which was evident in his tone.

the other's widened their eyes at what they heard.

■■■
this took too long :( i'm sorry 🥺