Chapter 9

In Remnant a hundred miles away from Beacon, team CFVY and second years of Beacon were tracking down Grimm with professor Port.

Port: "As I was saying, students. The creatures of Grimm are known to thrive in this forest and it is our jobs as Huntsmen."

A few of the female students cough into their hands, catching the teacher.

Port: "And huntresses to find these creatures. As you are all aware a few clicks from here is the small town, very remote and often need the help of our students."

One of the students, a first-year was walking in the back of the crowd. Out of the twenty total students, he was the only first-year allowed on this trip.

Y/N: "Speaking of towns... Why is it in such a remote region of Vale. We're right next to Mountain Glenn, aren't we?"

A few of the second years' groan at the first year's comment. However, professor Port merely smiled as he marched on.

Port: "You are correct. We're not far from Mountain Glenn. Good eye Mr. L/N however, I'd prefer it if we focused on the task at hand."

Y/N nods and Port nods along, as he finds the outskirts of the old city and turns to his students.

Port: "Now the teams here have proven their effectiveness, on the field of battle. For some, this will be your first time, for others this will be your fifth or sixth time no doubt. But your assignment is as followed."

Port clicks a few buttons on his scroll, just as the students get a quick message.

Port: "Your goal for today is to find any Grimm and eradicate them immediately... If you feel you are outnumbered. Please do not hesitate to use the flare you were all handed on the bullhead here. Please remember to pair up and remember we meet up at the town at 10 tonight. However, there are checkpoints where you will meet up with other teams along the way. Now then, I expect you all to act the part of students of Beacon and do your very best out there."

With that the students pair up, leaving CFVY and Y/N the only ones not paired with anyone.

Velvet: "Y/N!"

Velvet had turned to the young man, his hood still up and staring up at the trees. But when he heard his name called, she takes a picture of him and smiles showing a polaroid picture of the young man.

However, Coco soon took up the leader roll calling everyone together. Quickly lifting her glasses then turning to their new member for the day.

Coco: "Alright, I don't need to tell you guys were here for the town down below. That being said, you also know your positions and your jobs. Just watch us rookie and try to pick up a few things... OK."

Coco clicks her fingers and without a single word, her team enters the dark forest. With Y/n following closely beside Velvet.

Slowly the team enters the forest, everyone drawing their arms ready for a fight. Minutes go by, suddenly a scream of a crow deep in the forest, the constant hark and caw... drowned out any noise or life in the forest.

Coco: "Well that's new..."

Velvet and Yatsuhashi giggle for a moment, while Fox and Y/N stare out into the distance the two of them turned in opposite directions of the other, then sniffed the air.

Y/N: "You can sense it too?"

Fox nods and everyone turns to the two, as they look to the sky for a moment. The glare of the sun was the only thing anyone could see, but when Fox raised his right arm and fired his gauntlet.