1 - Meetings and Judgements

You've been traveling through space for quite some time, by now you could already see the shapes of the x-95-vox balmera in the distance, so you decided to speed up. You knew how dangerous it was to steal from the galra, but it wasn't like it was something new, stealing from Zarkon was kinda of what you did for a living, helping the rebels increase their technology little by little, and gaining your life by trading items with the unilus.

As you rapidly approached the balmera, you could see something happening down there: some feline like creatures fighting against a giant beast that was sure to be galra technology. You aimed at the crystals at first, they would be useful to build bigger and more powerful ships, but the kind o knowledge you and the other engineers from the rebellion could get from studying a beast like that was priceless, you wanted that tech, but for having it, you should first defeat it.

You examinated the situation for a while, the five mechanic lions were having a hard time against the beast, you pondered for some seconds wondering if it was worth helping them, could they be trusted? Who were them? What if they try something against you? But after some time you realized, if they were against Zarkon, they were on the same side as you. You engaged in combat, as much as your nave couldn't do a lot of damage, it was able to get the best's attention for some seconds and the lions could attack more often.

Even with you being a good pilot, your ship wasn't exactly made up for fighting, it was mostly like a cargo one, so the few shots she took were enough to bring her down. "You did well girl, my bad I pushed you too far" you said to the control panel, closing your eyes and waiting for the crash. You felt it. Your mind went black. You fainted.

You woke up dizzy, hearing some voices that seemed close and yet far away, your sight slowing getting clear.

"Her ship had galra and some other kinds of technologies that I don't even recognize, it was an amazing work on hybridism!" one of the voices said, it was high pitched, almost childish.

"I hope she can teach how to combine so many different systems like that" another one, stronger than the other, answered.

"Calm down, we don't know if we can keep her here, what if she's dangerous? We can't trust her yet" one said.

"Damnit Keith, she helped us, she put herself in danger for that, she can't be evil!" By that time you could already see their shapes through what seemed to be glass, said glass then disappeared, making you flinch and almost fall on the floor, only to be held quickly by someone.

You looked at the figure holding you, a tall male with a white fluff of hair that almost made you laugh from it's cuteness.

"Do you can stand?" He asked, his voice sounding worried.

"Yes... I think I do" with his help, you were able to stand up straight and have a look in the room, six other people looked at you.

"Well, my name's Shiro, I'm the leader of Voltron, we rescued you after your ship fell" the men by your side said.

"I'm (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N), thank you for helping me."

"You're welcome, after wall, you did help us a lot... I'll let the other introduce themselves" he said.

A small girl popped in front of you, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "Hey I'm Pidge, your ship is amazing! I couldn't leave it there so I took with me and analysed it, I hope you don't mind, also, do you think you can teach me how to mix technology like that?" She said, overly excited.

"I... Hmm.. yeah?" You answered, still a bit confused.

"YES" She hyped up.

"If you're going to teach her, can I go to? By the way, my name is Hunk" a much bigger guy said from behind Pidge.

"Yeah... Of course" both of them started jumping in circles after you answered, which made you smile a little, a dark skinned woman with white hair approached you.

"Pardon they, but they got really excited over your work" she said, apologetically.

"No problem".

"I am Allura, princess of Altea" she introduced herself .

"Altea? But isn't it gone?" You asked, confused.

"It's a long story, I will explain later" she smiled and gave room for a orange haired man who seemed really energetic.

"My name is Coran, it's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady as you" he kissed the back of your hand.

"The pleasure is all mine" you said, holding your laugh.

"Move on Coran, I'm the ladies man here" a tanned boy looked at you "Hi, the name's Lance" he had a flirtatious tone.

"Nice to meet you Lance" you politely smiled, he also kissed your hand and blinked at you.

The only person quiet in the room was a boy dressed in red, lading against the wall in the back of the room with a grumpy face. He came closer to you slowly and stopped in front of you

"I'm Keith".

You locked eyes for a second, his eyes had a dark tone of purple that you've never seen before, and you found that beautiful. By his name, you recalled what he said about you.

"Oh, so you're the one who said you don't trust me, even tho I did nothing for you at all" he stopped for a second, surprised. His eyes widened, they were mesmerizing, and right after became sharp at you.

"Yes, that's me" his tone was dead serious.

"Well, that's somehow an irony, because I'm the one in a unknown ship, with unknown people, without my guns and with my ship broken. I should be the one in a defensive position" he looked at you for a few seconds, let a "tch" came off and then left. Shiro approached you right after.

"Sorry... Keith can be hard sometimes, but he's just being careful, it's not personal"

"I know, I'm just messing with him" you laughed it off "now... Could you guys please explain the altean ship, the five lions and that Voltron thing?"

Allura explained everything, from the end of Altea to their current mission. "Wow... You guys have been working hard" you said, still processing all she said.

"It's our duty to protect the universe" Shiro added.

"(Y/N) if I my ask, where are you from?" Coran said, trying not to sound impolite.

"Well, that's a tricky question, my dad is form [planet] and everyone said my mom was an earthling, but I can't remember how she looked because both my parents died fighting against Zarkon when I was a baby. I was born in [planet] too, but my foster parents used to say that I took after my mom, but I never really saw an earthling so I can't say" you shrugged. The room was silent for some seconds until Lance spoke up.

"(Y/N)... We are from earth..." Your heart started beating faster with excitement.

"Really? How's it like? Can we go there? Did the galra take over it?".

"They didn't... Yet" Allura answered you with a serious tone " We want to defeat Zarkon and stop him from conquering the whole know universe" she added.

"You can count me and the rebellion in, we're all on the same side, and I hope to help the Voltron in every way needed".

"I'm glad to hear that" Allura said "Now it's time for me to show you your room since you'll be staying with us for a while" you noded at her and got up "You can put on your clothes and the others will show you the castle if you want, you just need to ask one of them" she smiled.

"I'm sure I'll do that later".

Word count: 1331 words

Hello guys, I just wanted to thank you for taking interest on this story and warn you about something, I'm brazillian so my mother language is Portuguese and it's my first time writing a long narrative in English. I'm actually doing this so I can sharp my writing skills in English and I dearly hope you point out my mistakes so I can improve. Thanks in advance!

- The Author