8 - Chaos and Gifts

You went to the control room, Zarkon had fund you and you were having a hard time against his troops, Allura was able to open a worm hole but then Zarkon found you again, and again, and again, until de Teludav was broken.

You went to help Coran while the paladins formed Voltron, after discovering Hunk's cookies, you helped the team hold them and were able to flee away from Zarkon.

You all changed clothes from all the ashes from de Teludav and went to the control room, where Pidge led you to Taujeer.

Shiro suggested that everyone should rest, so you waited until Shiro talked with Keith so you could go to your room together.

"Are you sure you are okay?" You asked him.

"Yeah, don't mind me, you have to rest, you barely slept" he led you to your room.

"Okay, I'll go now" you kissed quickly and each of you went to your own room.

You saw the communicator you just came up with and left a message for Keith.

"I know we are just some feet apart but I wanted to test this. Good night, sleep well Keith" you collapsed on the bad, too tired to wait for his response.

You woke up in the next morning with a message from him "Good night for you too, babe" you weren't even properly dating and he had already gave you a pet name, you found that cute and went to have breakfast.

You found strange that Keith wasn't in the kitchen, but maybe he was already in the control room, but for your and the others surprise, neither him nor Allura were there.

Coran contacted their pod but the connection was cut by the storm, either way, you went if the team to Taujeer to provide support while they were without Keith.

You couldn't focus knowing that Keith was out there in space, and also, why would he think that Zarkon was using him to find Voltron? You were helping Hunk when you heard the communicator you gave to the red paladin bip.

"(Y/N) it's me" you barely heard his voice, the system you build was a lot different from the castle's, and had a direct connection with his device, so the signal wasn't so messed up.

"Keith where are you? Get back here fast, we are having problems!" you said.

"You are not the only ones, our pod exploded"

"What?! How!?"

"Pidge's implementation, do you think you can come here?"

"I'll check with Hunk" you went to the intercom "Hunk, can you hold it without me?" You asked.

"We are already having trouble together, imagine one of us alone, that one being me!" He was desperate.

"Okay, I'll stay here" you went back to Keith "I'm sorry, I can't leave him or the taujeerians will die" he sighed.

"Okay, I guess me and Allura will have to come up with something"

"I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault".

Later, Keith was able to come back and the team formed Voltron, being able to defeat the galras and save the taujeerians. You all gathered at the control room.

"I'm so sorry for leaving" Allura said.

"Me too, we thought we were doing the right thing" Keith complemented.

"At least now we know that Zarkon is using the Black lion to find us" Pidge said. The conversation went on until Coran brought up the issue of the Teludav lenses.

"I think I know where we could get some" the altean man said and some images of old trading fair appears in the castle's screen.

"Your not suggesting that we go into one of those filthy fairs? The last time those space pirates took everything you had!" Allura said and you cleared your throat loudly on purpose when she mentioned "space pirates".

"I'm sorry (Y/N) I didn't mean to offend" you laughed off.

"It's okay, and you're not completely wrong, you can get really good or bad deals in trading fairs depending on who you bargain with"

"I'm glad you understand"

"So what are the other space pirates like, (Y/N)?! Did you had a crew? Did they had a crew!? Have you ever been captured?" Lance asked you, really excited to hear stories about being a space pirate, but Coran decided to speak up.

"The Unilus are smugglers that travel around for decades, they are evil and you can't trust them at any case!"

"Well, while Coran go after the lenses, I can go shopping with you for something sparkly" Lance said to Allura, only to be cut off by Coran again.

"This isn't shopping! And I can't let Allura get close to those filthy Unilus, also, you need to rest princess" Allura wasn't pleased but agreed anyways.

"Coran" you called him "I believe you will want me in this mission, I was basically raised by unilus, you know, when you gotta spent all your life trading stuff you gotta know the deal" the team laughed a little and got into a ship to go.

Keith was strangely quiet during the path, you could hear him humming things like "sparkly" and "taste" but decided to shake it off.

You were really excited since it's been a while since you were in that part of the universe, you decided to stay away because of some incidents but almost teen years had already passed and you changed so much in appearance that there was no way someone could recognize you.

"Those trading moons are really dangerous, don't use your weapons or communicators of any kind, and I also brought some disguises" you looked ate the piles of clothing.

"What are those for?" You asked.

"For us to blend in, of course"

"Coran... According to the last time I've been here, I don't think we'll ne-" you were cut off.

"I'm a really experienced man, the unilus won't respect us if we don't look like pirates"

"If you say so..." You gave up, but still not put on the old fashioned clothes.

Getting into the shopping only made your point proved, after Coran left the paladins took their disguises off and went to search for the lenses.

Keith was looking for the lenses, but he also had something else in mind.

He thought about what Lance had said to Allura and would you too like something sparkly? What gift could he give you? He had no idea.

He saw Pidge and thought that this could be perfect help for the moment, since you two were aways together.

"Hey, Pidge" he called for her and then noticed Lance was coming too.

"What's the meter? Did you find the lenses?" The girl asked.

"Well, no... But I want to give a present to someone.... Especial, I just don't know what" She raised an eyebrow.

"Ohohoho I know the perfect store for you to find something for (Y/N)" she started dragging him by his hand.

"H-how did you know that it's (Y/N)?" Keith was blushing.

"C'mon man, everyone knows you two have a thing, the only people whom you don't look at like you want to kill them are Shiro and (Y/N) so obviously something was up" Lance said poking Keith in the face.

"The only person I look at like I want to kill is you, Lance" the red paladin answered and started following Pidge.

The group of friends arrived at a store filled with things from Earth.

"(Y/N) is half human, but she never been on or seen Earth, so I think that's the best place to find something she could like, take your time looking around and you might find it, you are her boy after all"

"Thank you Pidge" Keith said before getting into the store. He looked around at various and really common itens in the store, wondering what could make you happy.

Word count: 1312